Senior Product Manager
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
The purpose of this role is to understand the market needs and develop a deep technical expertise to define and implement the product roadmap for our inertial navigation systems family of products. Leveraging your technical expertise in navigation and commercial experience in industries such as defence, automotive, maritime or surveying you will play a pivotal role in shaping the product roadmap and launching new products.
- Manage the product life cycle through defining and overseeing product development, verification and release
- Manage the INS product roadmap, with a focus on new product introduction
- Conduct thorough research of market trends and competition
- Analyse sales and portfolio mix to increase and optimise product family revenue and profitability
- Define the user experience and interfaces to ensure customer success
- Aggregating feedback from Customers, Sales, Support and R&D
- Support the sales team by attending customer meetings
- Create sales tools and presentations for a range of commercial and defence applications
- Take part in webinars and trade shows to gather feedback and promote the INS family of products
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in relevant technical and commercial roles.
- Proven experience in Product Management
- Broad experience in hardware, embedded firmware and software
- Proven experience in working with inertial navigation (GNSS/INS) technologies across a number of applications/industries.
- Experience in the defence industry using assured PNT is desirable
- Proven ability to deep dive into technical topics and build rapport with engineering teams
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?