Head of Sales Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
The Head of Sales Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization including designing, tracking and communicating of key performance metrics.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Head of Sales Operations fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.
You should be highly motivated and passionate about this role, as you will be critical to the overall effectiveness and productivity of the Sales Team. This will include being responsible for driving all customer initiatives and process/system improvements cross-functionally in order to ensure success and aggressive market share growth.
- Be an early member of a quickly expanding global customer engagement team
- Ownership of the overall productivity, effectiveness and predictability of the Sales organization
- Drive the essential functions including the planning, reporting, quota setting/management, sales policy governance, headcount management, order management and sales compensation design/implementation.
- Sales Analytics Reporting
- Sales Enablement
- Compensation Design Management
- Sales Tool Optimization Management
- Strategic Deal Enablement
- Order Management
- Partner with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. Sales, Support, Marketing, Product Management and Operations) to improve our go-to-market narrative, execution and acceleration of our growth
- Ensure operational excellence by keeping our CRM (Salesforce) always updated, guaranteeing business integrity, business linearity and forecasting accuracy
- Develop a solid operational understanding of all aspects within the Company
- 10+ years of prior sales operations/management, ideally within B2B technology companies
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives
- Strong business acumen and a solid understanding of the key drivers of revenue growth
- Experience managing and/or implementing one or more leading CRM systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- High ethical standards and have evidence of working collaboratively in a cross functional business
- Be a strong team player and leader that is passionate about being a part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial company
- Ability to collaborate globally effectively working across multiple levels, roles and functions in the organization
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones across the globe
- A sense of being coach-able and invested in your professional growth
- Experience to create PowerPoint presentations and present them at internal/customer meetings and conference calls
- The ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, international cultures and distributed teams
- Be highly motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive attitude
- Strong knowledge of Work and Health Safety (WHS) practices
- Proven high standards of attention to details, time management and follow-through on commitments
- Languages: English, with the knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Tertiary qualification in a related technical field is required
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?