Technical Accounting Manager
Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy is a leader in the fraud prevention space and data orchestration platform. We help some of the most innovative banks and fastest growing fintech companies grow and scale operations by allowing them to find more good customers and onboard them without increasing the risk of fraud.
Through our values: Be Bold, Get Scrappy, Collaborate, and Celebrate Our Differences, we are creating a workplace where you can grow, thrive, and belong. See how we’ve been continuously recognized and named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces, Best Fintech to Work for by American Banker, and Best Place to Work by Built in NYC year after year.
Check out our investors and read more about us here.
About the team
The Finance team at Alloy owns the management, control, and reporting of financial and managerial metrics and the stewardship and deployment of capital at the company. At Alloy, we are focused on creating experiences and integrations for our customers that enable them to make changes at the speed of fraud.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, we're rapidly growing and looking for a Technical Accounting Manager (title commensurate with experience) who will drive the company's technical accounting policies and reporting. A key element of this role is ensuring the accurate accounting and reporting of revenue in accordance with ASC 606. You’ll also be a crucial player in the deal desk process in providing insight to drive pricing and deal structure and terms. We’re looking for a team player, self-starter, excellent communicator with impressive organizational skills, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and manage the technical accounting policies and implement appropriate procedures to ensure accurate reporting in line with US GAAP
- Managing the quote-to-cash process within the Accounting Team to drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing, and automating processes
- Collaborate closely with the deal desk and advise revenue operations, sales, and legal teams on terms in the customer order form that impact revenue and cash flow
- Review customer contracts for application of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Drive the month-end close process for billing and revenue, including reviewing monthly journal entries and related account reconciliations
- Maintain the revenue recognition software to ensure accurate billings, revenue recognition, and revenue mapping to the general ledger
- Challenge the “status quo”; lead process and system improvements to streamline the revenue processes and shorten the month-end close timelines
- Assist with the preparation of accounting memos and related analyses to document the company's position on technical accounting matters
- Lead the technical accounting discussions with the external auditors
- Play a key role in how the revenue process is developed as part of the implementation of Netsuite (in the roadmap for the next 12 months)
- Assist in aspects of tax compliance and tax reporting for sales tax, payroll tax, and income tax
- Drive in the tax planning discussions
- Work closely with our tax consultants to ensure accurate and timely filings
- BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 6+ years of accounting or related finance experience, including experience in the SaaS industry
- 3+ years of revenue accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Experience with Salesforce and Netsuite preferred
- Experience with Ordway a plus
- Experience at a startup or high-growth company preferred
- Strong accountability and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally at various levels within a company
- Hunger to learn and grow - new things aren't scary for you, they're exciting
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting in a venture capital-funded institution
- You have worked with the following in a professional capacity: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Quickbooks Online, Expensify
- Interest in fintech, RegTech, and/or identity management
At Alloy, we strive to attract and retain talent with a total rewards program that is competitive with other organizations of our size and stage. We are committed to ensuring each new team member has what they need to be successful in their role with a balanced range of compensation, equity, perks, and benefits. We actively share our philosophy with employees, with the goal of fostering openness and clarity. Finally, we work to administer our philosophy and drive consistency to promote equity and monitor the fairness of outcomes.
The following range is based on the scoped level within the organization and only for highly targeted geographies: 120k - 150k
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work policy
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with HSA (monthly employer contribution) and FSA options
- 401k with 100% match up to 4% of annual employee compensation with immediate eligibility and vesting
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Home office stipend for new employees
- Health & wellness monthly stipend
- $1,000 learning & development annual stipend
- 5 free teletherapy sessions and Headspace membership
- Well-being benefits include access to Carrot, Cleo, OneMedical, Gympass, and more
Alloy’s Covid-19 Company Statement
Alloy does not require employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19, but vaccination or testing may be mandated by the relevant local laws with which the company will comply. If this position involves contact with third parties, attendance on-site for events, travel, and/or work in our New York City offices, those actions will be subject to any relevant local laws, venue or customer requirements, or travel requirements regarding vaccines or testing (and exemptions thereto).
At this time, Alloy is currently following compliance regulations with New York City’s Private Sector Mandate and is offering religious and medical accommodations for all eligible employees and visitors.
How to Apply
Apply right here! You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to an inclusive interview experience and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with visible and invisible disabilities. We encourage applicants to share needed accommodations with their recruiter.
Something looks off?