Sr. Product Compliance Manager
Bluevine is on a mission to enable a better financial future for small business owners through innovative banking solutions designed just for them. By combining best-in-class technology with advanced security and a deep understanding of the small business community, we deliver end-to-end banking and lending products that empower always-on entrepreneurs to grow their businesses with confidence.
As a dynamic company with massive potential, we’re backed by leading investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, and nearly 9 years of proven success. Since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 400,000 customers across all 50 states and a global team of more than 500 people. Our passion is driven by purpose: to give small businesses the tools they need to succeed and we’re just getting started.
All of this begins with our team who are driven by collaboration, problem-solving, and learning and growing together. With a commitment to innovation and community impact, our mission is to help every small business—and every team member—thrive. Join us! #LI-Hybrid
About the Role
Bluevine is looking for a self-motivated professional to join our Compliance team. As a Product Compliance Manager, you will act as the primary liaison between business units, product teams, and the broader compliance team to initiate reviews, identify dependencies, communicate requirements, and manage the end-to-end process from the compliance side. The ideal candidate is analytical, results-driven, thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, and has prior banking or financial institution experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide ongoing compliance support to product, risk, marketing, and other operational groups as needed.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to monitor compliance with applicable requirements.
- Maintain all compliance policies, change management and ensure adherence to all requirements
- Work directly with the business units and broader compliance team to help define and drive compliance requirements across existing and future products/features.
- Develop standard operating procedures and draft policies to ensure implementation of compliance processes with the relevant business units
- Liaison with in-house product counsel to collectively evaluate the regulatory landscape and implement changes across products as needed
- Create a framework to streamline product reviews, scope compliance requirements including understanding and communicating implications on existing compliance processes and controls to relevant owners.
- Consolidate all product asks and work with PMs around planning and prioritization
- Partner with business units with analysis of compliance risks associated with new and existing SMB banking products.
- GuideLead several compliance initiatives around policies and governance and other projects as required.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 8+ years of prior experience in compliance in financial institutions or Fintechs; with at least 5+ years managing compliance activities (including AML, BSA program).
- Knowledge of banking and banking products, Digital banking experience is a plus.
- Experience in working with new product launches
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of AML/BSA, ECOA/Reg B, ACH, UDAAP, FCRA, and related laws
- High organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make sound decisions, use independent judgment, establish priorities, and work effectively on multiple initiatives concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Managerial experience
New Hire Base Salary Range: $128,000.00 to $156,800.00
This role is also eligible to earn annual performance-based incentive compensation in the form of a cash bonus.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - for employees located in the US
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Flexible Holidays
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Community-based volunteering opportunities