Strategic Enterprise Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Descartes Labs helps organizations whose success depends on the scientific analysis of observable, physical global trends and events. We are the leading provider of geospatial analytics and intelligence, though our solutions extend into leveraging many forms of high-scale, complex data. We unlock the value of our clients’ proprietary data in our technology ecosystem. Our solutions create new sources of environmental sustainability and operational advantage for agriculture, commodities markets, consumer packaged goods, natural resources, financial services, and government users by combining machine intelligence and domain expertise into complete operational solutions.
Descartes Labs is proud to be a remote-first, deliberately distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. For this reason, we are open to our employees working from any location, in a way that enhances their well-being, productivity, and role. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for different people.
As a Descartes Labs Strategic Enterprise Account Manager, you will help customers build sustainable, successful businesses by demonstrating the value of our technology, analytics and custom solutions. You will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close complex deals and drive sales revenue targets, while providing the highest level of customer engagement. You are an expert in building business cases which clearly show value and differentiation at all levels of your potential customer organizations, including C-level executives. Tenacious and results focused, you will close deals through world-class planning and preparation, developing and cultivating relationships with enterprise organizations, as well as be consultative in your approach to solving complex business problems.
- Achieve revenue targets by prospecting and developing business relationships and leading large, complex sales efforts to make a meaningful difference for our customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of prospective customers and the problems they are trying to solve.
- Communicate the value of our products and services and demonstrate the positive impact for customers.
- Effectively negotiate client terms and execution of agreements.
- Use strategic sales approaches to plan, develop, prioritize, and critically analyze accounts and priorities.
- Collaborate with internal teams in the development and execution of strategic plans to achieve growth, potential, and optimal business partnerships in each account you own; identify resources needed for you to achieve revenue goals
What You Bring
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years successfully selling technology and/or consulting services into Enterprise accounts. A consistent track record of sales target achievement is critical for this role. Experience in and commitment to executing with precision, high-performance and disciplined sales management, specifically in the areas of forecast accuracy, CRM usage and pipeline development & progression is a critical pre-requisite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Experience selling complex solutions to enterprise and strategic customers with a consistent record of overachieving on sales targets
- Experience in executive-level relationship managementAbility to perform well in a startup environment
- Comfort networking and building consensus across an organization, internally and externally
- Well-developed contacts in agriculture, CPG, or mining are a nice to have
- Strong plus - passion for technology and innovative solutions
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egos are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives.
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science.
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result.
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment; unlimited PTO, remote-first
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; paid holidays, unlimited PTO; monthly WFH stipend.
- We offer parental leave for any team member who becomes a parent through childbirth, adoption or foster care. We offer up to a maximum of 24 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers during a 12 month period or 8 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers during a 12 month period. Employees will be eligible if they have worked for Descartes Labs for more than 6 months.
You belong here! If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, where employees belong, even if they are different. Scientific discovery is in our DNA, and diversity fuels innovation.
See more open positions at Descartes Labs
Something looks off?