Technical Program Manager (Requires TS/SCI Clearance)
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Descartes Labs Government (DLG) is a dual-use data intelligence company. Through our patented SaaS technology stack, we rapidly prototype data-as-a-service and insights-as-a-service solutions for government customers. By leveraging our AI/ML, data fusion, data analytics, and data science expertise with our patented foundational GEOINT technology, DLG creates solutions that give operational advantage to a variety of mission use cases.
DLG is proud to be a remote-first, distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. While embracing a deliberately distributed, 100 percent remote workforce, candidates for this position must reside in the Washington, DC area which will provide them better access to our customers and technology necessary to source for business opportunities. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for everyone.
As the Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will the face of DLG to our government customers and will be able to engage in meaningful technical discussions and brainstorming with the customers in addition to being an outstanding TPM. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the DLG portfolio of contracts including but not limited to successful cost, schedule, and performance of assigned contracts. Successful candidates will not only have demonstrable project management experience but must be able to perform requirements gathering and analysis and coordinate with the Descartes Labs Government Business Development team.
- Build, nurture, and maintain DoD/USG stakeholder relationships
- Coordinate with the Descartes Labs Government Business Development Team on requirements analysis and incorporating tasks/deliverables for growing work
- Collaborate on internal and external documentation requirements
- Technical domain experience supporting DoD/USG in the areas of software engineering and data intelligence
- Lead cross-functional teams to plan, execute, and deliver complex technical programs and projects.
- Define and document program objectives, scope, timelines, and budgets in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and budgets to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Manage risks and issues, and proactively identify and resolve problems that may impact the success of the program.
- Coordinate with project managers, technical leads, and other stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Communicate program status, risks, and issues to senior management and stakeholders, and provide regular updates on project progress.
- Work closely with product management, applied scientists, and engineering teams to ensure that product requirements are well-defined, and that projects are aligned with the product roadmap.
- Develop and implement best practices and standards for project management, including tools and templates.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, GIS, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a government program management or similar role
- Understanding of AI/ML in DoD applications
- Strong understanding of project management principles and methodologies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience working with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, designers, and data scientists to drive the company's goals
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egos are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You can navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs Government
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the governments largest problems. We look at DLG as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- DLG offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and paid time off
You belong here! If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, where employees belong, even if they are different. Scientific discovery is in our DNA, and diversity fuels innovation. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
See more open positions at Descartes Labs
Something looks off?