Executive Assistant (Temporary, 3-6 Month Contract)
New York, NY, USA · Fairfax, VA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Descartes Labs helps organizations whose success depends on the scientific analysis of observable, physical world events. We are the leading provider of geospatial analytics that create actionable intelligence by strengthening our customers’ proprietary data with models of the earth. Our solutions create new sources of environmental sustainability and operational advantage and foresight for agriculture, consumer packaged goods (CPG), mining, and government users by combining machine intelligence and domain expertise into a complete operational solution.
Descartes Labs is proud to be a remote-first, deliberately distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. For this reason, we are open to our employees working from any location, in a way that enhances their well-being, productivity, and role. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for different people.
We are seeking an experienced executive liaison to support our CEO & COO with triaging, scheduling, travel and internal/external contact management.
- Provides administrative and scheduling support to the CEO & COO
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures in proactive management of CEO & COO’s calendar and contact management
- Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and internal leadership team
- Organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external investor relations efforts
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals
- Prepares presentation materials for board of director meetings
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company
- Exercises judgment suitable for representing the CEO & COO and the Board internally and externally
What You Bring
- Five years previous experience as an executive assistant/liaison
- Experience interacting with vendors, visitors, boards and/or investors, and other dignitaries.
- Proficient computer skills, including G Suite and Microsoft applications
- Excellent organizational skills
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egos are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
- The hourly range for this position is $36-$48 per hour
- Please note that this hourly range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level & competencies as well and in some cases security clearance.
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives.
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science.
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result.