Manager, Data Platform & Analytics Engineering - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high-interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
As the Engineering Manager - Data Platform & Analytics Engineering, you will report to the Senior Director - Data, Analytics and Risk and you will:
- Lead a team of talented data engineers and analytics engineers, collaborating closely with analytics, data science and cross-functional teams to unlock the full potential of our data
- Play a pivotal role in managing and optimizing our data infrastructure, ensuring frictionless data collection and storage to support our strategic goals
- Define roadmap and strategy around data engineering foundation, structure, and backbone of the Data Capture and Pipelining systems.
- Set the technical direction for the team by proposing data warehouse technologies, tools, and languages that can be used to solve business problems.
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining data orchestration and scheduling platforms like Airflow and/or Kafka
- Implement and enforce data quality standards, data validation, and data governance processes to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
- Development of data transformations on DBT, advanced analytics and reporting solutions on Looker to provide actionable insights to various stakeholders.
- 2-3 year’s experience working with Financial Systems and/or Financial Data
- 4-6 years of experience in designing and building cloud based data systems using Airflow, DBT & Snowflake
- Experience in Fintech
- 3+ years in data transformation and task scheduling tools such as Airflow and DBT
- 3+ Business Intelligence tooling – Experience in maintaining BI tools such as Tableau or Looker
- 3+ years working knowledge of data platform (AWS policies and roles, AWS DMS, Ansible, Terraform, Snowflake)
- SQL Expert (working knowledge of Python)
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Base Salary Bands: