Head of Quality Engineering (Senior Manager) - Remote, US
Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower past, present, and soon-to-be students to maximize their financial futures through thoughtful guidance and impactful products.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholarships to help students pay less.
The Head of Quality Engineering position will report to the VP of Engineering.
As the Head of Quality Engineering, you will:
- Lead, develop, coach, and mentor a team of platform QEs.
- Create and implement a test automation strategy, standards for testing, and quality KPIs.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, Design, and other cross-functional departments to ensure high-quality products and drive business results.
- Build and socialize a strong quality culture at Earnest.
- Set the technical direction for the team by identifying and proposing test automation frameworks, tooling, and infrastructure.
- Implement and enforce quality standards, and comprehensive tracking and reporting of quality metrics.
- Coach and educate the cross-functional teams to embrace the culture of collective ownership of quality.
- 8+ years in quality engineering, test automation, or development roles.
- 4+ years in people management roles.
- Experience transforming the approach to quality at a startup environment with an emphasis on automation.
- Proficient in testing methodologies, test automation, and build infrastructure.
- Strong programming and technical architecture skills.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in performance testing.
- Experience driving QE excellence in mobile space.
- Familiarity with advanced software/testing methodologies such as TDD.
- Experience working in fintech, or related consumer financial services companies.
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.