Business Development Representative
Graphite is expanding and we are looking for an exceptional Business Development Representative (“BDR”) to join our Enterprise Sales team! We are a growing "gig economy" company that sits at the forefront of the future-of-work discussion. Our mission is to help Fortune 1000 companies build a modern workforce by leveraging world-class independent consultants and subject matter experts to accelerate performance, innovate faster, operate more efficiently, and stay ahead of the curve. At the same time, we aim to give independent consultants the freedom to do the work they love on their own terms.
US economists estimate 51% of America's workforce will be independent freelancers by 2027, and Graphite’s platform captures massive amounts of value in this trend for both companies and individuals in the market. We have grown from 0 to 1,000 customers in just a few short years and now, to further expand our impact we are investing heavily into supporting the world’s largest Enterprises.
As we continue to expand, we’re looking for team members who can share Graphite’s story with prospective clients and set up revenue-generating meeting opportunities for the Sales team.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Strategically researching/identifying potential client contacts, generating leads, and uncovering high-value opportunities
- Communicating Graphite’s business model to potential clients in an impactful way and demonstrating why a meeting with Graphite would be beneficial to their business
- Driving revenue-generating meetings through outbound phone calls, preparing and sending strategic e-mails to prospective clients
- Successfully diagnosing the client’s key business needs to ensure a high quality of interaction in the first sales meeting
- Supporting Sales in all aspects of the sales cycle, including scheduling follow-up meetings and managing the pipelines of completed meetings to ensure all prospective clients are being contacted throughout the year
As a part of our Sales team, you’ll be a foundational employee of a growing company. You’ll help drive Graphite's culture, shape your own career development, and take advantage of accelerating your career at a startup pace. You will also receive spectacular training, have access to the best sales tools available on the market, and have the ability to earn an excellent income through both salary and commissions. Most importantly you will join a talented team that is laser-focused on facilitating the future of work, while also providing a close-knit working environment that allows access to company decision-makers.
Come help us power the future of work!
· You are highly motivated, gritty, curious, and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
· You have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and an independent mindset
· You get energized by interfacing with clients and can communicate effectively via email, phone, video, and in-person
· You are motivated by uncapped commissions based on overachievement and excellent activity
· You want to build a career in sales and be an integral contributor in building a culture of excellence
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited school or equivalent experience
· Previous internship or full-time corporate sales experience is a plus