Treasury Operations Associate
Hi, we’re Griffin! We’re the bank for companies who want to build and launch financial products.
We're rapidly heading towards a future where most of us access financial services through technology companies rather than high street banks. All sorts of companies are now embedding financial products into their apps and user journeys so that their customers can seamlessly make payments, manage expenses, take out loans, save, invest, and do more.
The problem is that companies are still dependent on legacy banking infrastructure if they want to offer regulated financial products. They need to either partner directly with an (slow-moving, risk-averse) incumbent bank and/or stitch together middleware from various Banking as a Service (BaaS) providers. This process is slow, expensive, and complex and makes it very hard for companies to get new financial products off the ground.
At Griffin, we want to change this.
We want to make it easy for companies to bring finance to their customers at the point of greatest relevance. So, we built a bank.
But not just any bank! Griffin is a technology platform and a bank: fully regulated, API-first, developer-centric, and purpose-built to serve innovative fintechs and brands who want to build and embed financial products.
Our culture is our most important asset, and one of the ways we safeguard it is by being extremely intentional about hiring the right people. We won't hire people who don’t seem like a strong fit for our core values, even if they're otherwise extremely qualified.
We also believe that smart, motivated, conscientious people thrive in high-trust, high-autonomy environments. That’s why we’re transparent by default, and we encourage open discussion and challenge across all levels of the organisation. We’re also remote-first, asynchronous, and fully flexible - because you're the expert on how and when you do your best work.
The Operations team
The Operations team at Griffin is the mindful engine room, driving our success. We strive to bring joy to our customers, both internal and external, through systems that just work.
There are three core elements to operations at Griffin: banking operations; operational resilience; and customer success. Across all teams, we place significant emphasis on compassion, ownership and curiosity. You will be empowered to make meaningful decisions and supported to make sure we collectively get those decisions right.
As one of the first members of the banking operations team, you will be shaping and delivering exceptional payments and fincrime prevention services. You'll be helping us build and run a truly resilient bank that centres around bringing value to our customers.
What will you be doing here?
You will report to the Head of Banking Ops and work closely with finance, compliance and the broader operations teams to ensure that Griffin’s cash position is understood in detail and effectively managed by our Treasurer. We believe passionately in eliminating unnecessary manual effort. You will be encouraged to automate all reporting where human intervention does not give a better result.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Proactively managing daily cash positions to ensure optimal liquidity while adhering to Griffin's developer-centric philosophy
- Ensuring that liquidity thresholds are understood and managed, by implementing buffers, thresholds and escalation pathways
- Conducting in-depth financial analysis to support strategic decision-making, including evaluating customer cashflows and significant market events
- Analyse and report on interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and market risk exposure
- Ensuring prompt and accurate settlement of all treasury transactions
- Managing daily liquidity reviews with finance to validate your analysis and develop a clear picture of funding requirements
- Administering weekly and monthly governance of the Treasury management processes. Reporting accurately and using data to drive improvements to our Treasury Management capabilities
- Maintain meticulous records of treasury transactions and financial data and communicating it in a timely and transparent manner
- Assist in the development and maintenance of treasury-related documentation; maintaining alignment with Griffin's values of trust, autonomy, and security
Who are you
The ideal candidate is driven by a deep sense of ownership, striving to create an effective Treasury Management operation that delivers accurate and timely Cash Position forecasting. As a responsible driver of operational excellence, you’re a pragmatic owner who is constantly seeking ways to improve and develop consistent, timely, and scalable solutions to complex problems.
In your role, you'll also be an explorer, delving into large and disparate data sets, conducting detailed analysis, and interpreting the data to resolve forecasting issues. You will combine that with a strategic understanding of Treasury management. Your proactive and curious nature will challenge us to improve a little every day, shaping intelligent operations for the future.
You will have most of the following
- Hands-on experience with Treasury Operations. You will become Griffin’s in-house expert and the ‘go-to’ person for all cash position and forecasting matters
- Demonstrable experience solving complex problems and developing timely and scalable solutions
- Empathy. Your compassionate and analytical nature will enable you to build strong relationships with your colleagues in finance
- Clear and concise written communication skills
- A data-informed approach where MI is developed as a tool to communicate, govern and prioritise, not just tick a box
- Proactive and curious, while achieving a good balance between experimentation and tried-and-tested solutions
- Flexible and supportive approach
Nice to haves
We’d be thrilled if you also have experience managing UK payments, delivering complex projects or developing strategy and translating it into operational action.
What can we offer you?
We are an early stage startup and we're working hard to expand our benefits package. We're planning to add to this list in the future.
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working - including supporting home office setup
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC's Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave with up to 6 months at full pay
- Private medical insurance and life insurance (provided by Vitality and AIG respectively)
How do I apply?
Are we your next move? Apply via the link below, if there's a match our Talent team will reach out to schedule an initial conversation and talk you through our interview process in detail.
N.B: We have a small London office in Moorgate, and we are comfortable hiring people to work from anywhere in the UK. About half of the company is based within occasional commuting distance of London, the other half is full-time remote.
Our goal is for Griffin to proportionally represent the diversity of the working population in society. We’re working to ensure that Griffin is a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment for every member of our team — whatever your combination of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, neurodiversity, and religious beliefs. If you’re part of a group that is under-represented in fintech, we’d love to hear from you
Griffin Bank Ltd request that recruitment agencies do not speculatively submit CVs to any employee or associate of our company unless explicitly asked to do so by a member of our Talent team.
Any CVs sent to any member of our team on a speculative basis will not be recognised and we will not accept liability for any fee or commission should we subsequently employ a candidate who applied to us directly or was introduced by an instructed agency that may also have been submitted speculatively by an uninstructed agency.