Senior Product Manager (Remote)
At Joy, we believe software can help organize and bring people together in the real world. Digital tools can (and should) bring people closer together—online and offline. Joy fosters real relationships and real communication, helping people plan, organize, share, and remember their important life events. We are applying technology to the age-old wedding industry, streamlining wedding planning and registry through intuitive software that helps make one of the most special times in a person’s life even more joyful.
As a Product Leader at Joy, you’ll be a driver of our growth and success. You’ll be an advocate to our users, and an expert about our business. You’ll develop a long-term strategy and execute it from 0 to 100. You’ll have a grand vision for the future, but guide your team there in small, iterative, value-adding steps. You’ll work closely with executive leadership, engineering, design, customer support and marketing to define, build and launch your vision.
Over the last year and a half, our team has been building a best-in-class online wedding registry. Since the initial launch we’ve been consistently growing double digits week on week. We need an entrepreneurial, growth-minded product leader to join our product team to help build a world class ecommerce experience.
You’re excited about this job because you’ll...
- Develop long-term product strategy, translate strategy to shippable product, ship, iterate and ultimately drive company success.
- Work closely with design, engineering, marketing and customer experience teams to build and ship products that redefine the market.
- Set clear success metrics and make it happen!
- Serve as Product Owner on a fully staffed Scrum team.
We want you on our team because...
- You get the best out of those around you to help build your product strategy and roadmap.
- You thrive in creating structure out of ambiguity and influence those around you to rally around your product vision.
- You are scrappy and have a bias to action, but are comfortable being structured, careful, and measured when it counts.
- You have 4+ years of product management experience.
Bonus points if you...
- Have worked in a startup environment.
- Have experience building products from start to finish.
- Have worked in ecommerce and/or payments.
- Have coding experience.
- Generous PTO
- 401K, Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Remote friendly work culture. Work from where you work best!
At Joy we believe there is always room for making things more joyful. And we’re doing it for weddings. We are designing a better way to help couples, planners, vendors, and guests find and enable new workflows and behaviors between everyone involved in the complex task of event planning.
It is a BIG task and we are a small team, which means you will be a key player and will have a lot of fun dabbling in all aspects of building a great product and a great company. We’re a Y Combinator graduate and VC-funded startup tackling the $100B+ event industry. We welcome people from all backgrounds, millions of people are using our software around the world, and we’re just getting started.
Work @ Joy
Fast paced, Challenging, Fun.
The work environment is very dynamic. We iterate often and fast. We talk to our customers. We dig deeper into what it is that they really need. We encourage wearing as many hats as you want. We value humility and honesty over being right every time. We believe ideas win, not people.
We’re looking for all kinds of people
To build a service that brings joy to people all around the world, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
We want to have the best people in every job. Joy policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration.
Something looks off?