Director of Engineering - Client
Manticore Games® is the developer of Core, a premier gaming UGC platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. It’s a radically accessible game construction kit and social game-playing platform, all-in-one. Manticore is now leveraging the power of Core to build a new immersive, life-simulation MMO experience.
Manticore is looking for an experienced Engineering Leader with strong technical skills and the ability to mentor and lead a high-performing organization of outstanding engineers and engineering managers to build a new, immersive multiplayer experience. You’ll lead and facilitate effective communication across multiple disciplines, influence technical decision making, drive prioritization and execution to build and extend the client and game server that supports our product Core, while ensuring its stability and performance. This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Build, manage and support an outstanding engineering team of software engineers and engineering managers providing both technical and organizational leadership.
- Be an active partner in the recruiting process to help attract and identify top talent and develop an effective interview team.
- Establish effective, new strategies while improving on existing processes.
- Own the stability of the client and game server components of Core.
- Collaborate with the production team to make estimates and set schedules.
- Work with product managers to refine feature specifications.
- Participate in due diligence and selection of potential technical partners, libraries, and other technologies and tools.
- Write code, participate in architecture design, and contribute to code reviews for our client and game server built on top of Unreal Engine in C++.
- 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years of experience supporting a live product.
- Familiarity with C++ and Unreal Engine.
- Professional experience with all aspects of the software development cycle, including supporting a live product.
- Interest and familiarity with games - console, mobile, PC, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience building online games such as MMOs.
- Management experience with fully remote teams.
- Experience with any number of the following technologies: Jenkins, Perforce, Powershell, Unreal Engine, Splunk, Datadog.
- Mobile experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Monthly Snack/fruit Boxes
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$170,000/year to $240,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?