We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Commerce Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
What to Expect
As a Performance Engineer, you’ll play a key role in our product’s success.
You will leverage latest cloud native technologies to design, implement, and support performance validations for our Digital Commerce Platform on various public and private clouds. You will gather and analyze performance data to identify scalability, throughput, latency, stability, resource usage, and bottleneck of complex distributed system under dynamic usage patterns. You will work with teams from engineering, consulting, and cloud platforms to investigate and optimize performance.
What You Will Do:
• Performance testing of complex software, running dynamic, real-world workloads, and validating production readiness of cloud platforms for stability and performance
• End to end system performance testing including requirements gathering, test planning, tooling, execution, analysis, and reporting
• Work with cloud vendors (such GCP) to improve and optimize the cloud infrastructure for our software
• Optimize the deployment and configuration of our distributed software system.
• Deep dive to identify root cause of performance bottlenecks and propose solutions
• Profiling and microbenchmarking of C++ and JAVA applications
• Design, implement and maintain performance test frameworks and tools
• Create performance reports, document best practices for each cloud platform
What You Will Bring:
• 3+ years of experience in performance engineering (NOTE: This is NOT a QA or development position)
• Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architecture.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a drive for learning new technologies
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) is required
• Experience with cloud native deployment tools (helm, terraform)
• Experience with containerization (containerD, Docker)
• Experience with low latency cloud native networking (cilium, wireguard)
• Experience with cloud native storage systems (robin.io)
• Experience with cloud native monitoring, tracing and debugging tools (e.g. prometheus/grafana)
• Strong with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
• Strong oral and written communication skills, can work in fast-paced cross-functional teams.
• Experience supporting and working with customers
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent)
Experience using the following tools is a plus:
- Cilium and/or Wireguard
- Prometheus and/or Grafana
Base Salary is determined by the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a bonus.
In addition, MATRIXX has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, MATRIXX is a remote first work environment.
What you will experience:
- Helping us deliver on our north star
- Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry
- Working on complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
- Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
- Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
- Being valued and rewarded
Something looks off?