Delivery Best Practice Manager
We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Commerce Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
Purpose of the role
- Manage the documentation, collection and subsequent dissemination of DCP technical Best Practices for MATRIXX field professionals. Practice areas could include requirements collection and analysis, pricing, southbound configuration, northbound integration, cloud platform deployment, performance, health checks.
- The scope of the assets includes Processes, tool user guides, and methodologies in relation to the deployment and operation of the MATRIXX Online Charging Solution and associated components, including embedded Cloud Platforms used in both deployments and operations.
- Liaise with PLM and Engineering on documentation they produce to ensure Delivery artefacts are kept up to date and field teams are made aware of changes. Manage, prioritize and co-ordinate production of documentation with the PLM, D&S and Engineering teams.
- Manage the creation, and development of artefacts prioritized by line management, writing and editing operational, instructional, maintenance or test guides and procedures for paper, multimedia, web-based publications and user sites.
- Review deployments for use of, and compliance with, best practices and identify areas for improvement.
- Produce content for embedded user assistance technology.
- Conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- Document D&S processes and specifications.
- Produce products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
This position will have an emphasis on documenting best practices and guides for deployment, implementation and operation of MATRIXX-provided solutions in cloud environments.
- Liaise with PLM, Engineering and D&S to identify supported cloud deployment types (by cloud provider and solution components) and associated priority of roll out.
- Document a state-of-the-art digital commerce platform by working in multiple cross-functional areas to deliver documentation on a variety of technologies, for a variety of audiences.
- Work with D&S teams to incorporate tools, artefacts and documents produced “in the field” into the best practice library.
- Document what have been determined to be best practices in cloud environment and application stabilization processes.
- Document best practices as they apply to the deployment and operational stages of the MATRIXX product lifecycle.
- Update technical documentation as needed to ensure it reflects new developments and best practices.
- Undertake research, design, and document new processes and procedures on a wide variety of technical topics, for a technical audience.
- Gather information from technical specifications and undertake interviews with subject matter experts.
- Utilize gathered information to produce end-user documentation which can include online help systems, API documentation, administration guides, developer guides, best-practice guides, or other information-based solutions.
- Follow established documentation formats and styles.
- Create, organize and maintain an on-line library of best practice tools, artefacts and documentation to ensure content is accessible, easy to navigate and searchable.
Required skills and experience
- 10 years’ experience in the telecommunications sector, network and IT
- Extensive experience of CS and BSS implementation programs as a Project Manager or Solutions Architect.
- Experience of discovery, deployment, testing and production readiness processes in the MATRIXX context.
- Experienced at designing and producing technical documents.
- Collaboration and Influencing skills.
- Knowledge of LINUX utilities and commands.
- High attention to detail with strong planning and communication skills.
- BA or BS in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience of Confluence, Jira, the MS Office Suite including Teams and SharePoint
- Creation of technical documentation for telecommunication network and IT systems
- Familiarity with common cloud technologies (CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) particularly those used within the MATRIXX context.
- Manager – able to plan and manage their own, and others, workloads to align with mutually agreed priorities and targets.
- Self-Confident - Confidence in their ability to take risks and manage their own lives, having an inner compass that gives them certainty in their decisions.
- Communicator - Ability to easily put thoughts into words verbally, in writing and pictorially: good presenter.
- Achiever -Taking satisfaction from being busy and productive, possessing a great deal of stamina and working hard.
- Adaptability - Embraces the pivot, problem-solver, doing what needs to be done.
- Boldness - Creates alternative ways to proceed; quickly able to spot the relevant patterns and issues of any given scenario.
- Collaborator - Works hard with others to achieve a goal.
- Focused - Takes a direction, follows through and makes the corrections necessary to stay on track, prioritizing before acting.
- Forward Thinker - Willing to question the status quo. Unafraid to challenge convention, looking for innovative solutions and outcomes that move the needle.
- Integrity - Committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty, taking psychological ownership of what they say they will do.
- Process-oriented - Equality and treatment of all people the same with stable routines and clear rules and procedures that everyone can follow.
- Results driven - Independent desire to make a big impact, prioritizing projects based on how much influence they will have on their organization or people around them.
- Values Driven - Having unchanging core values that defines one's purpose.
- Decisive – confident to make independent decisions within allocated scope and remit.
- Resourceful – able to identify, recommend and implement optimal approaches and options to achieve objectives.
- Clear – communicates key information clearly and succinctly.
- Co-operative – forms good working relationships and builds trust with members of D&S, Engineering and PLM teams.
What you will experience:
- Helping us deliver on our north star
- Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry
- Working on complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
- Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
- Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
- Being valued and rewarded