Director, Global Enhanced Support Services (ESS)- Bilingual- English/Spanish
We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Monetization Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for the successful deployment of ESS contracts across multiple customers. Deliver an ESS model to customers that have operational and service requirements beyond the standard levels of support which are provided with the software license.
To oversees four key areas of focus - People, Processes, Technology and Governance - to ensure that each are being delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible and that proactive measures are deployed.
- People: manage the resources across multiple ESS contracts, providing support and guidance to SDMs and the teams supporting them
- Processes: design and evolve processes to meet successful delivery of ESS contracts
- Technology: support technical conversations and interactions both with internal and external stakeholders
- Governance: own the collaborative governance towards ESS project excellence
- Provide extensive and proactive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders throughout the customer and partner life cycle, ensuring the teams have sufficient resources and support to successfully deliver ESS contracts.
- Have oversight of Software Solutions Analysis and Development for the continued successful delivery of custom code solutions ensuring project success.
- Build, develop and manage a team capable of providing world-class customer support in line with the ESS overall scope and objectives.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the teams delivering ESS contracts, you ensure that contractual and operational levels of service are delivered as per defined SLAs and KPIs
- Shaping ESS Statements of Work (SoW) in collaboration with the Solutions Architecture Group and the Global Commercial team
- Supporting ongoing negotiation and amendments of ESS Engagements with customers, pre-contract, and post-contract
- Ensuring appropriate resourcing of existing and upcoming Service contracts in collaboration with Delivery Operations
- Ensuring industry best practice and MATRIXX experience is applied to Service contract definition and execution.
- The successful delivery to financial targets of all ESS contracts, driving up margins through efficiencies and transitioning to local resources over the term of the contracts.
- Monitoring of status and financial position of all contracts, working with the Global Operations team, and reporting into Delivery review forums and the Global Delivery VP
- Ensuring the delivery teams deliver on the promises made to the customer.
- Reviewing and approving change variation orders through D&S approval chain for ongoing contracts where additional or amended scope is agreed.
- The scope of the role includes:
- Pre-Sales – supporting the Sales team in shaping and estimating ESS proposals new MATRIXX DCP opportunities.
- Co-ordination of Matrixx resources from D&S assigned to ESS contracts.
- Acting as a point of escalation for customer ESS delivery concerns.
- Support the growth and sales of ESS contract opportunities.
- Provide support and guidance of major incidents relating to ESS, ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and performing a post incident review.
- Manage and maintain relationships with a number of key resources within MATRIXX (and outside via partners) to ensure that the ESS process adds value to MATRIXX
- Provide knowledge, insight, clarity, and assurances around the deployment of the ESS model to contribute to its evolution and exploitation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences incorporated in a global position.
- Identify, communicate, and drive improvement initiatives for the processes and tools relating to the ESS service model.
- Willingness to travel internationally and have international working experience.
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience in delivering TME software projects and services.
- A proven track record of operating internationally.
- Solid domain understanding and experience of Telecom operators' IT and relevant BSS/OSS architecture.
- Direct experience of working for a services organization delivering complex bids and responses.
- Direct experience of working for a software company selling complex solutions and services to tier 1 and 2 operators.
- In-depth understanding of the BSS and/or OSS software domain.
- Proven management experience in supporting multiple, geographically spread teams and engagements.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and deliver success to a range of customers.
- Expertise and commercial skills in managing day-to-day activities of complex engagements in multiple accounts.
- Excellent communication skills, (verbal and written) to handle interaction with technical staff and influence at management level (internal and external).
- A solid background in analytical thinking to effectively solve problems and manage technical, relationship and commercial issues.
- Commercial Acumen – to shape and negotiate Service contracts with customers and Sales.
- Resolver - Figures out the problem and resolves it.
- Results driven - Independent desire to make a big impact, prioritizing projects based on how much influence they will have on their organization or people around them.
- Adaptability - Embraces the pivot, problem-solver, doing what needs to be done.
- Influencer - Connecting with someone new and winning them over.
- Driver - Presence: ability to take control of a situation and make decisions.
- Intellectual - Intellectual activity: introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
- Forward thinker - Willing to question the status quo. Unafraid to challenge convention, looking for innovative solutions and outcomes that move the needle.
- Achiever -Taking satisfaction from being busy and productive, possessing a great deal of stamina and working hard.
- Boldness - Creates alternative ways to proceed; quickly able to spot the relevant patterns and issues of any given scenario.
- Collaborator - Works hard with others to achieve a goal.
- Focused - Takes a direction, follows through and makes the corrections necessary to stay on track, prioritizing before acting.
- Integrity - Committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty, taking psychological ownership of what they say they will do.
- Process-oriented - Equality and treatment of all people the same with stable routines and clear rules and procedures that everyone can follow.
- Values Driven - Having unchanging core values that defines one's purpose.
What you will experience:
- Helping us deliver on our north star
- Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry
- Working on complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
- Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
- Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
- Being valued and rewarded