Customer Success Manager
Located in Santa Monica, CA
Maximus is a mission-driven consumer health company that provides men with content, community, and clinical support to optimize them in mind and body. Maximus has raised $15M from top Silicon Valley VCs such as Founders Fund and 8VC as well as leading angel investors/operators from companies like Bulletproof, Tinder, Coinbase, Daily Stoic, & Shopify.
Maximus is looking for a Customer Success Manager to manage our customer support team. We are looking for a detail-oriented manager with high conscientiousness and experience managing support at a tech startup, preferably in health care/telemedicine, consumer packaged goods (CPG), or SaaS.
Please note: Culture is key at Maximus, so we get to know candidates holistically through this questionnaire. Please fill it out as honestly and intuitively as possible since it is designed to detect exaggeration, which will cause your application to be automatically rejected. The questionnaire is optional to submit now with your application, but candidates that do so will get strongly prioritized. Note, we do not have access to individual questions’ answers/choices.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have completed it.
- Support the identification, selection, and implementation of CRM, and ticket management software.
- Develop and distribute dashboard reports including scorecards, metrics, data, and analytical reporting specific to customer support metrics.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and supervision of customer support employees. Manage and improve customer service team through performance monitoring, problem resolution & coaching, system audits and quality assurance measures.
- Own, update and improve the standard operating procedures and processes for the customer service teams as circumstances adjust and trends are noticed.
- Order Management communication with logistics and clinical teams ensuring that orders being shipped out quickly and correctly, and customers are being supported throughout their journey.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Industry: 7+ years in customer support, 3+ years leading customer support teams with a fast-pace, high messaging and call volume. Preference for candidates with experience at a technology startup, preferably in health care/telemedicine, consumer packaged goods (CPG), or SaaS.
- Communication: Refined communication skills with proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytics: Strong analytical orientation and a knack for solving new business problems as they arise.
- Relationship-builder: Excellent oral and written communication skills, and able to work with a variety of personality types and skill levels
- High Conscientiousness: Highly effective, organized, dutiful, self-disciplined, and careful. You are the type of person who used multiple colors of highlighters, and everyone wanted to borrow notes from. You never forget a task, execute it flawlessly, and are as reliable as clockwork.
- High Horsepower & Humility: High intellectual and physical energy. You eagerly solve big, complex, and ambiguous company problems, while having the humility to “roll your sleeves up” and do the dirty work without complaint.
- Relentlessly Resourceful: highly proactive, does not quit, and finds innovative solutions with little guidance. Bias for action and ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Passion for Men’s Health & Development: interest in helping men develop a healthy masculinity. Demonstrates personal dedication and interest in health optimization (e.g. diet, exercise, sleep, focus, and relationships).
- Premium Blue Shield Platinum PPO & HMO Plans (up to 100% coverage)
- Full Suite: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Best-in-class 401K options
- Flexible vacation/time-off policies
- Liquidity of options whenever available
- Extended options exercise window for loyal employees (3 months for every year of service; e.g. 1 year for 4+ year employees)
Maximus is an equal opportunity employer, which not only includes standard protected categories, but the additional freedom from discrimination against your free speech and beliefs, as long as they are aligned with company values. We celebrate intellectual diversity.