Sales Development Representative, SDR
mParticle is widely recognized as one of the leading customer data platforms, serving hundreds of global brands and helping them turn data to insights, and insights to action. Built on top of end to end streaming architecture, we are committed to empowering businesses to deliver personalized and engaging experiences to their customers across all screens and devices. We believe that the opportunity to help teams activate insights from their customer data to deliver more personalized and adaptive experiences is more important than ever.
We at mParticle choose to create a company that is as diverse and inclusive as the world we live in by attracting, growing & keeping the best talent. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the job
- As someone seeking an SDR position, you’ve probably read a lot of similar-sounding job descriptions. So, to begin we’d like to explain how the Sales Development Rep position at mParticle is different:
- You won’t spend all your time grinding out cold calls.
- You’ll have a lucrative comp plan with ample opportunities to exceed your on-target earnings.
- You’ll get a meaningful amount of equity in a fast growing company.
- You’ll have a well-defined career path in a company that fosters your growth in sales, marketing, or other departments.
- You’ll have the resources of a large company with the flexibility of a startup.
- If this sounds interesting then please read on.
- As an SDR you’ll be communicating with sales prospects via phone and email, recording what you’ve learned in Salesforce.com and collaborating with your partners in sales and marketing. You’ll use prospecting tools like Outreach,io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Clearbit and Gong. You’ll typically be the first person a prospect talks to at mParticle so you’ll get extensive training on our products, market, sales tools and how to explain our value to different buyer personas.
About the Candidate
The Successful candidate will:
- Have experience selling and/or prospecting for new business. It doesn't have to be in SAAS sales but you know how it feels to prospect and you enjoy doing it.
- Have a keen desire to tell people about the value of mParticle and a genuine interest in how our prospects do business. -
- You’re happy to dive in, try things, and make mistakes. At the same time, you invite people to help you when you need it. And you’re comfortable being coached and mentored.
- You’re a team player who helps people and wants your team to succeed.
- You’re comfortable with complex technology (mParticle is about as complex a solution as you’re likely to find). The good news is you don’t need to be a product expert in this role.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Strategic mindset and proven ability to identify and adapt quickly against industry trends
- Have experience sourcing opportunities in Enterprise and Strategic organizations
- Ability to work cross-functionally to support Sales and Marketing teams
- Ability to simplify complex product features and benefits, and articulate to decision makers at prospective accounts
The ideal candidate will/have/be:
- Experience prospecting for SaaS tools into large enterprises.
- Experience in a high-growth startup and understand the benefits and challenges of this environment.
- Ability to set and execute on priorities within a fun and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaborator, with the ability to engage across multiple teams to drive an outcome.
- Desire to be a key player within a strong team focused on exceeding client expectations.
- CDP or Martech experience is highly desirable.
Perks & Benefits
- We offer a holistic benefits package that includes comprehensive health care coverage, encompassing medical, dental, and vision, fully covered by the company for employees enrolled in our baseline plan. Additionally, we extend cost-effective sharing options for dependents, ensuring accessibility to necessary care for you and your loved ones while maintaining affordability for all. Our commitment to well-being also includes Mental health resources through Modern Health and pet insurance for our furry friends.
- A truly adaptable work setting with flexible time off, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days in a 100% remote environment.
- An ownership culture where individuals receive stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- 100% fully paid parental leave for all employees (12 weeks for the birth-parent & 6 weeks for the non-birth parent) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family
- Learning & Development yearly allowance for ongoing learning opportunities for employees
- Remote work allowance to ensure you’re fully set up for success