Pine Park Health
Welcome to Pine Park Health!
Pine Park Health is a value-based primary care practice that is redesigning how residents of senior living communities get or stay healthy and lead a life they love. We’re on a mission to dramatically improve healthcare for seniors by building a new model of care that’s designed around everyone involved — patients, families, community staff members, providers, and payers.
Our value-based offering has led to over 100 communities partnering with us in the last year and allowed us in achieving 10X patient growth. We're a fast-growing company that’s backed by lead investors including First Round Capital, Google’s AI fund, Canvas Ventures, Foundation Capital, Y Combinator, and Susa. If you share in our vision of helping every senior, no matter their health status, being able to lead a life they find meaningful and worthwhile, join us!
We’re redesigning healthcare for residents of senior living communities and we are looking for a Remote Medical Assistant to join our team. You'll work alongside Pine Park Health’s Providers to provide excellent clinical care and experience to our patients. You’ll serve as an extension of a larger team and perform various operational tasks. The ideal candidate will be our brand ambassador to deliver the very best first impression to our patients, including having an outgoing personality with exceptional communication skills, strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, and is comfortable with a balance between customer service and patient management.
Hours: Typical M-F, 8:30am-5pm PST, w/ occasional opportunity to take on additional shifts
Location: Remote, Must reside in CA, TX, FL, WA, CO, AZ, ID, OR, NV, UT, IL, MN; preference given to those residing in TX, UT, and ID
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be the primary partner to the Provider(s) you are assigned
- Operational tasks: manage prior authorization process, obtaining medical history, patient scheduling, managing referrals, patient transitions, telephone management, maintaining EHR documentation, etc.
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice
- Timely completion of all mandated training and education
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Experience working remotely and independently without constant support
- Excellent multitasking skills: Able to work under pressure and expert in prioritization and time management in a fast paced environment
- Urgent mindset: Ability to work quickly and think two steps ahead in order to anticipate patient needs
- Prior Authorizations: Deep understanding of prior authorizations, including various insurance portals, state insurance requirements, etc.
- Tech savvy: Comfortable and adaptable, enjoys working with new technologies and platforms (e.g. Elation, Slack, Monday.com)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Certification by a Medical Assistant Certifying Organization, preferred
- Must reside in CA, TX, FL, WA, CO, AZ, ID, OR, NV, UT; preference given to those residing in TX, UT, and ID
- 3-5 years of experience in primary care and/or urgent care settings
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a smart, heart-centered, low-ego group motivated to make waves in the lives of seniors and the healthcare industry
- We’re solving complex, vital problems that affect real people and need bright, focused, driven minds like yours to help us achieve our goals
- We empower team members to act like owners and have designed a learning-focused environment where you get ongoing support and regular feedback to help you grow
- We host social events to celebrate wins, mark team member milestones and let go by having fun
Benefits Designed for You and Yours
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- 401K retirement plan
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Paid parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Professional/personal development annual allowance
Pine Park Health is an equal opportunity employer — we aim to recruit, hire, develop, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.