Director of Growth and Development
Pine Park Health
Welcome to Pine Park Health!
Pine Park Health is a value-based primary care practice that is redesigning how residents of senior living communities get or stay healthy and lead a life they love. We’re on a mission to dramatically improve healthcare for seniors by building a new model of care that’s designed around everyone involved — patients, families, community staff members, providers, and payers.
We’ve started by providing regular prevention and screening, care for chronic conditions, lab work, and diagnostic testing to patients in their apartments. We visit each community weekly to see patients and collaborate on patient health needs with staff. We also make it easier for patients to get care urgently with same- and/or next-day care, helping them avoid the ER and/or hospital where they’re exposed to more health issues.
Our value-based offering has led to over 100 communities partnering with us in the last year and allowed us in achieving 10X patient growth. We're a fast-growing company that’s backed by lead investors including First Round Capital, Google’s AI fund, Canvas Ventures, Foundation Capital, Y Combinator, and Susa. If you share in our vision of helping every senior, no matter their health status, being able to lead a life they find meaningful and worthwhile, join us!
As the Director of Growth and Development, you’ll drive awareness, consideration, and faster adoption of our primary care services. represent Pine Park in an assigned market, initiate and execute partnerships with senior living communities to bring Pine Park services to their residents, and work closely with our operations and clinical teams to ensure a smooth and successful launch within those communities. Because Pine Park is a startup, this role will likely shift and expand over time, as we enter adjacent geographic areas, build broader relationships with senior living management companies, and assemble the operational infrastructure to support complex services in a distributed model. You will also be expected to contribute to broader sales and marketing strategy, lead special projects as the commercial team expands and the company refines its partnership model, and to collaborate closely with colleagues to build close and productive relationships with management companies that operate across multiple markets.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead partnership development with senior living communities in an assigned market
- Evangelize and explain Pine Park’s onsite primary care model to Executive Directors and residential health and wellness leaders, and sales and marketing directors of prospective community partners
- Qualify those communities based on size, census, insurance mix, and physical space to ensure they are a good fit for Pine Park’s onsite care model
- Negotiate and execute contracts with communities to establish onsite primary care (with support from Pine Park leadership and other staff)
- Work with Pine Park’s operational staff to identify and equip onsite storage and working spaces for the clinical teams
- Ensure smooth handoffs of new community partners to our Community Success team, who handle the ongoing relationships.
- In some cases, serve as a temporary relationship manager for new community partners as Pine Park builds its local team in a new market
- Report on the status of prospective partnerships (using CRM software and other tools), with reliable estimates of the probability and timing of close, to ensure that our operational and clinical teams have adequate advance notice to manage complex staffing and logistics tasks
- Deliver on growth goals as part of Pine Park’s community partnerships team
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of B2B sales experience, either in healthcare or senior living
- Polished presentation skills
- Familiarity with the building blocks of enterprise / B2B business development - i.e. ability to understand an organization’s structure and goals, identify and navigate the approval process, drive that sales process toward closure and accurately assess and communicate the status and progress of a prospect through the sales funnel
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity, and with operating in an organization that is growing quickly and will change and adapt its organizational processes and structures as it grows and learns more about the market
- Scrappiness - willingness to individually problem solve tasks that might be “somebody else’s job” at another, larger organization
- Experience evangelizing / selling new products or services
- Interest in contributing to and helping build a high-performing commercial organization (e.g. sales operations, team training, B2B marketing initiatives, etc)
- Potential for (and interest in) broader sales leadership roles as the organization grows
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a smart, heart-centered, low-ego group motivated to make waves in the lives of seniors and the healthcare industry.
- We’re solving complex, vital problems that affect real people and need bright, focused, driven minds like yours to help us achieve our goals.
- We empower team members to act like owners and have designed a learning-focused environment where you get ongoing support and regular feedback to help you grow.
- Our hybrid work environment allows you to set your own in-office and remote schedule. We love being in an office to connect with coworkers and form meaningful relationships and make it easy for you to work from home when needed or preferred.
- We host social events to celebrate wins, mark team member milestones and let go by having fun.
Benefits Designed For You and Yours
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Professional and Personal Development Annual Allowance
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 15 days paid time off
- Paid sick days
Significant travel and startup hours are required for this role. You must have the ability to drive between partner communities as needed.
Pine Park Health provides the highest safety and quality of care for patients who can be at high-risk of COVID-19. To support this work, we require vaccination for all employees and proof of vaccination before hiring.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Pine Park Health is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California and considers the factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Pine Park Health, it’s common for an individual not to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $90,000 to $115,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a Commission Incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Pine Park Health is an equal opportunity employer — we aim to recruit, hire, develop, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Something looks off?