Pine Park Health
Welcome to Pine Park Health!
Pine Park Health is a value-based primary care practice that’s reshaping how residents of senior living communities experience healthcare. We provide high-quality prevention and screening, care for chronic conditions, lab work, and diagnostic testing to patients in their homes and closely partner with community staff to improve resident health and wellness. We also provide in-person and virtual Rapid Care for common concerns — like falls, wounds, or changes in behavior — to help patients avoid trips to the ER where they’re exposed to further health issues.
Over 80 communities across the Bay Area, San Diego, Nevada, and Phoenix work with Pine Park today and we’re growing rapidly to expand our reach and impact. Investors include First Round Capital, Google’s AI fund, Canvas Ventures, Foundation Capital, Y Combinator, and Susa. If you’re interested in changing healthcare for seniors, join us!
We’re clinicians, operators, product designers, and technologists that are passionate about redesigning the way people receive care. We provide care for residents of senior living communities and are looking for driven, compassionate, person-centered clinicians like you to join us. Our focus is on giving people the care they want, compassionate, person-centered, holistic, and based on their values and what matters to them and match that with high-quality, evidence-based clinical care.
Over the last two years, we’ve experienced tremendous growth and are looking for a Part-Time Medical Director excited to help lead the growth of evidence-based, person-centered care into the future. As the Medical Director, you will be the clinical expert and partner to our primary care providers (PCPs) to ensure we meet our goals of providing person-centered care, diagnostic capture, and appropriate utilization of specialists/services. As a physician leader, you will partner with our primary care providers to ensure strong community relationships, appropriate clinical documentation, and evidence-based clinical care.
What you will do
- 24/7 Phone Consultation: As a Medical Director, you will be the go-to person for virtual medical questions and concerns that arise inside and outside of business hours. You will provide expert guidance and advice to primary care providers (NPs) in Northern, NV to ensure that patients receive the best possible care at all times.
- Monthly Collaborative Rounds: You will be responsible for leading and participating in monthly virtual collaborative rounds where you will review individual patient cases with primary care providers (NPs) in Northern, NV These rounds will serve as an opportunity to discuss complex cases, share best practices, and ensure that patients receive comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Participation in Community and Plan Education Marketing Activities: As a Medical Director, you will serve as a key advocate for the clinical model in communities. You will participate in community education marketing activities 1-2 times a quarter to promote Pine Park, increase awareness of health issues, and build relationships with key stakeholders. Your role will also include becoming the supervising physician representing Pine Park for HMO contracts. In this capacity, you will ensure that Pine Park is providing high-quality care that is consistent with HMO Medicare guidelines and standards.
- Participation in Quarterly Clinical Utilization Review Meetings: You will participate in quarterly clinical utilization review meetings to ensure that the organization is providing high-quality, cost-effective care to its patients. These meetings will serve as an opportunity to review data, identify trends, and develop strategies for improving the organization’s clinical outcomes.
What we’re looking for
- Board-certified physician in Internal Medicine or Family medicine with geriatrics and/or palliative care experience, board-certification a plus
- Understanding of value-based care clinical practices including appropriate diagnostic capture (RAF), preventative and early intervention practices to prevent unnecessary ED visits/hospitalizations, minimizes fragmentation of care through appropriate use of specialists and referrals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with tech-enabled care delivery tools, appreciation of data-driven care delivery, and strong proficiency in typing and clinical documentation
Why You’ll Love Us
- We’re a smart, heart-centered, low-ego group motivated to make waves in the lives of seniors and the healthcare industry.
- We’re solving complex, vital problems that affect real people and need bright, focused, driven minds like yours to help us achieve our goals.
- We empower team members to act like owners and have designed a learning-focused environment where you get ongoing support and regular feedback to help you grow.
- Our hybrid work environment allows you to set your own in-office and remote schedule. We love being in an office to connect with coworkers and form meaningful relationships and make it easy for you to work from home when needed or preferred.
- We host social events to celebrate wins, mark team member milestones and let go by having fun.
Pine Park Health provides the highest safety and quality of care for patients who can be at high-risk of COVID-19. To support this work, we require vaccination for all employees and proof of vaccination before hiring.
Pine Park Health is an equal opportunity employer — we aim to recruit, hire, develop, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.