Electrical Design Engineer
Rosotics is on a mission to make metal 3D printing dramatically more efficient, unlocking the potential to build larger and more complex structures than ever before. Our groundbreaking technology makes it simple to produce critical hardware at unprecedented scale, for use in aerospace environments. With Rosotics, there are no limits to what you can create.
As an early member of the Mantis Engineering team, you will have a unique opportunity to be the bridge between design and test; equally anchored in both disciplines with the ability to spearhead change throughout a product’s life cycle. You will be expected to troubleshoot electrical assemblies, define new processes, design fixtures/tools, and identify opportunities for improvement in products and processes. You will have the opportunity to work on and improve the wide variety of components that enable Rosotics hardware to be the simplest and most robust technologies for large-scale manufacturing. You will need strong problem-solving ability and relentless curiosity, practicing breakthrough approaches to electrical system design. Familiarity with electromagnetic induction and power systems will be essential for this position.
- Execute on project requirements for integrated electrical systems, converting those requirements into functional and robust architectures to support manufacturing equipment or hydraulics.
- Generate electrical schematics and production drawings verified to meet functional requirements.
- Drive system trades, requirements capture, component selection, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, bring-up, refinement, documentation, manufacturing and test of electrical systems.
- Create qualification testing campaigns; work practically to exercise designs to their limits and refine finished designs.
- Perform failure analysis and drive root cause investigations and corrective actions for component related issues.
- Indirectly train technicians to run/troubleshoot complex machines
- Exemplify technical excellence and be accountable for your work, including for project delivery timelines from design through production, testing, integration, and performance.
- Challenge assumptions and build strong professional relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 1+ years of experience in a design engineering role, driving the design and development of electrical systems, wiring harnesses, or power systems
- Fundamental understanding of induction and power systems
- Proven ability to practically apply first principles to solve real, complex problems
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together with the ability to assess risk and make design and development decisions without all available data
- Experience with electrical schematic software (AutoCAD Electrical) and 3D CAD
- Experience working in project teams such as Formula SAE or Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, and burn-in
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Extended hours and weekend work may be required to support critical project and performance milestones
Something looks off?