Clinical Science Associate
Job title: Clinical Science Associate
- Location: Malaysia
- Job type: Permanent
About the job
Responsible for executing with rare disease business strategy and delivering business goals by working closely with the multi-stakeholder groups to drive high awareness of rare diseases amongst health care providers (HCP) and other appropriate stakeholders, leading to higher diagnosis, increased access to treatment and better patient outcomes.
This role requires travelling within Malaysia.
- In line with the strategy for the Rare Diseases Business, which comprises Enzyme Replacement Therapies (ERT) for genetic diseases, namely, Lysosomal Storage Disorders (LSDs) treatment and testing, this role is responsible for:
- To drive high awareness of disease areas through education programs amongst HCP, Key Opinion Leaders and other multi-stake holders’ groups
- To drive increased diagnosis by educating the need for early through appropriate diagnostic tests and subsequent treatment with Sanofi Genzyme products for better patient outcomes.
- To develop and maintain a strong business relationship with healthcare professionals (HCP), alternative funding source owners; working closely with the various stakeholder groups to support patients in gaining access to treatment
- Working closely with the HCPs / Medical Social Workers / Nurse Counsellors in gaining access to funding sources (including alternative funding) for diagnosed patients
- Working closely with HCPs (including infusion nurses, hospital pharmacies, etc.) and individual hospitals to ensure availability of stocks at all times through monthly monitoring of stock levels, monitoring of diagnostic tests performed by HCPs, monitoring of patient cases and infusion sessions, ordering and liaison with respective distributors, Bumi agents, internal supply chain team.
- Achieving and exceeding revenue targets for assigned territories and products
- Creating opportunities, organizing and conducting activities to enhance disease and product awareness, including CMEs, speaker tours, screening tests for early patient diagnosis with target stakeholders to optimize the access of Genzyme ERT for LSD patients
- Supporting the implementation of marketing activities such as local and regional congresses and symposia
- Managing drug listings through information management and maintaining relationships with the appropriate departments and decision-makers
- Keeping abreast of product updates competitor knowledge and providing market intelligence feedback to internal stakeholders
- Maintaining a robust customer database and ensuring stock availability at all times through regular hospital stock level monitoring, liaison with hospital pharmacists etc
About the job
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, science (pharmacy) or any related science
- At least two years of sales experience within an industry or related field
- Experience in dealing with oncology or niche biopharmaceutical products will be an advantage
- A self-starter with a team player attitude and can work independently
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship-building skills
Core competencies /skills:
- Results Orientation
- Customer Orientation
- Living the Company Spirit
- Selling Skills
- Territory Management
Sanofi Behaviors and Skills
This position is required to demonstrate behaviors such as Stretch, Put the interest of the organization, Act in the interest of our patients and customers and Take Action. During the interview we will also be asking for examples of skills such as Strategic Thinking, Result Orientation, People Leadership (if applicable), Relationship and Influence.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.