Director, US Neurology / Immunology Value & Access
Director, US Neurology / Immunology Value & Access (Rilzabrutinib)
The Director, Value and Access, Neurology/Immunology will be a key contributor to the Franchise with Value & Access responsibilities in the Neurology/Immunology therapeutic areas.
This position will support both the tactical and strategic components of the Value and Access team, focusing on development and execution of launch strategies and tactics for Rilzabrutinib, a potential best-in-class, multi-indication product, with lead indication in Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP).
While embedded in Sanofi Specialty Care Market Access (SCMA), the role will maintain a high level of collaboration and integration with the Rilzabrutinib brand team, Market Research, Regulatory, Medical, HEOR/HEVA, Legal, Training and other departments required for effective pre-launch and launch collaboration. This role will ensure integration of payer insights across the franchise and with key stakeholders.
This role will have responsibility for all facets of launch preparation and execution, including external research, developing resources and training for US Account Management Teams, managing trade association meetings, payer media planning, as well as field sales education and pull-through tools.
- Developing launch strategies and coordinating interdependent launch activities and content across cross-functional teams
- Leading market access launch team, participate in cross-functional launch teams
- Developing strategies and tactics across channels and regions, payers, PBMs, IDNs, mindful of short- and long-term indications
- Leading and developing payer value and communication platforms
- Executing internal and external research to support launch (e.g. pricing and contracting research, landscape assessments, distribution strategy research via Market Access advisory boards, syndicated reports, in-depth interviews, etc.)
- Developing pre-launch and launch non-branded and branded payer education and promotional materials
- unbranded disease awareness campaign
- MOA education materials
- PIE materials
- Value Proposition
- Branded pull-through tactics
- Developing and coordinating training efforts in support of payer facing teams working closely
with Value and Access, Account Management, Training, and Brand team leadership
- Working closely with medical affairs, evidenced based medicine (EBM/HEOR) and market research to identify and analyze trends and/or changes which will influence market access now and in the future.
- Providing actionable direction to commercial teams on reimbursement issues that impact pharmacy benefits for self-administered Specialty products
- Providing analytical support around payer reports to capture trends around coverage, distribution, and OOP costs, Budget tracking
- Creating actionable analytics at the plan and geographical level in order to measure access performance
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and company processes
- Initiating and managing a team of field champions to gain input and obtain advice on materials and programs to design for payers
- Serving as brand contact for Sanofi Specialty Care engagement with payer trade associations & conferences (AMCP, NAMCP, PCMA, Asembia, etc.)
- Working closely with the Sanofi Specialty Care global market access teams to identify opportunities, improve existing tactics, and meet payer needs
- Interfacing with consumer and HCP marketing colleagues to understand customer needs and insights, as well as payers’ impact on them
- Managing vendors/agencies, including the development of RFPs, review, selection and milestones achievement towards contract deliverables
- Informing Sr. leadership of launch plans, progress and market access dynamics
- BA, BS or equivalent required, MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- 5-7+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in Market Access, such as Payer Marketing, Account Management, Contracting, Training
- Experience with specialty product marketing, account management or payer marketing
- Launch planning and execution experience
- Understanding and experience in different access and reimbursement models, including medical and pharmacy benefits, Medicare and Medicaid
- Strong project management capabilities including time and events, scenario and contingency planning, and the ability to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of outputs and deliverables
- Pharmaceutical Marketing in Rare, Rare Blood or Immunology / Inflammation
- Experience in Rare Blood Disorders + Dermatology or Respiratory
- Experience in developing tools and tactics applicable to US payer markets
- Strong sense of professionalism, accountability and urgency for defined areas of responsibility
- Reliable and responsible management of budgets and expenses
- Proven ability to:
- align internal stakeholders and achieve results through collaboration proactively analyze business problems,
- identify key issues, develop strategic solutions, implement high impact tactical programs, and design metrics to measure business impact communicate tactical direction and related concepts clearly, orally and in writing, across internal and external audiences (e.g., sales, marketing, advocacy)
- work effectively and efficiently with the medical/legal/regulatory submission and approval process to ensure appropriate review and timely delivery of materials
- build consensus in a matrix environment with multiple functional groups supporting the brand team
- engage effectively with agencies in order to translate marketing objectives into actionable and innovative strategies and solutions
- Previous supervisory experience in marketing with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence and lead
- Strong financial/analytical skills
Grade: L4-1 (Director)
Travel: approximately 20-30% of time
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.