Software Engineering Expert
We're searching for an experienced, self-driven Digital Software Engineering Expert to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess a robust background in scalable digital application development, extensive knowledge of coding languages, and a thorough understanding of both UI and UX design principles. The successful applicant will be responsible for analysing user stories, detailing design, development, testing, and maintaining digital applications to meet our business requirements. In this role, you will work closely with our product team, following the agile model within a scrum framework, ensuring a business-centric and value-driven approach.
- Participate in business research, including surveys, workshops, and leading user interviews, to support the product owner in discovering new ideas.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities for solution improvements.
- Work with product owners, solution architects, technical leads, and other developers for user story framing/grooming, solution design, and alignment.
- Decompose user stories into tasks, estimate story points, and ensure timely updates in Jira.
- Create and optimize prototypes, aligning with business and digital stakeholders.
- Write required documentation and follow the validation process with QA/quality experts.
- Support QA during SIT/UAT phases, escalating issues, risks, and identifying decisions needed.
- Design, code, test, debug, and maintain digital applications according to requirements.
- Contribute to the entire application lifecycle, with a focus on coding and debugging.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure competitiveness.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, extensibility, etc.
Education: Master's degree or above in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role as a Software Engineering Expert.
- Proven application development experience, preferably in a related industry.
- Advanced SQL knowledge, experience with relational databases, including Teradata and Snowflake.
- Solid understanding of data integration (extract, transform, and load).
- Familiarity with development tools like OpenShift, GitHub.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and Agile methodologies.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Layer7, Api, data modelling, and experience with Teradata, Snowflake, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in an international pharmaceutical company.
- Excellent self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Openness to change and a penchant for challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team or independently, as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative mind-set.
- A problem solver with an eye for detail.
Our ideal candidate will be goal-driven and dedicated to developing innovative digital applications to meet our business needs. If you're eager to be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking team, we'd like to meet you!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.