Associate Director, Market Research - Rare Disease (RD)
The Associate Director, Market Research – Rare Disease (RD) will be responsible for leading the creation of market research insights for all RD brands, in addition to future pipeline assets. This individual will have the opportunity to drive change, impact decision-making and make strategic recommendations. As an Associate Director, you will be asked to work within a team culture that encourages collaboration, strategic partnership, and development. This is a highly visible role and requires proven leadership abilities, an expertise in market research, strategic thinking and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
This position reports to the Director, Commercial Strategy & Insights – Rare Disease and will be based in Cambridge, MA.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and Communicate Insights in a proactive manner to leaders within the commercial organization for the RD Portfolio
- Synthesize information from multiple sources and communicate key insights and recommendations to Leadership.
- Proactively identify insight needs/gaps and recommend approaches to address these needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to address business needs/challenges with “out of the box” thinking and creative approaches.
- Deliver and defend insights/recommendations to senior leadership with a high degree of comfort/confidence.
- Demonstrate strong strategic business acumen with ability to see “the bigger picture” and identify/leverage synergies within the franchise.
- Develop and refine presentations to effectively communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strategic and Collaborative Partnership within a Matrix Organization
- Facilitate and lead discussions with cross-functional teams regarding insight implications and recommendations.
- Work seamlessly with other Commercial Strategy & Insights functions (i.e., Forecasting, Analytics, Patient Support Services Analytics) to deliver integrated insights and recommendations to commercial teams.
- Cultivate strong partnership with Global and alliance partners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, including at least 6 years of primary market research experience. Must have expertise in both qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Must have proven market research experience with multiple brands.
- Strong background in both HCP and Consumer research techniques; Consumer DTC background is a plus.
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating within a matrix environment and with colleagues across multiple functions.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder projects/requests.
- Results-oriented individual who is viewed by clients as a collaborative strategic business partner.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain objectivity and willingness to “take a stand.” Upholds high standards of ethical and intellectual integrity.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate complex information to Senior Leadership.
- Promotes a good working relationship with supervisors, co-workers and staff.
- Proactive in nature, actively participates and self-motivated.
- Master’s degree
- Consulting Experience
- Experience in Specialty Care or Rare Disease
- Knowledge and experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., prescription and sales data, patient claims data, promotional audits).
- Understanding of product development and commercialization activities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.