Medical Science Liaison
Medical Science Liaison
- Location: Amsterdam
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
- Role requires frequent travel within the Netherlands ( 70% )
About the job
Executive Medical Science Liaisons (Exec. MSLs) are highly experienced MSLs having extensive time in MSL roles with proven success in building / maintaining external stakeholder relationships and the development and execution of healthcare projects. Executive MSLs engage with healthcare professionals, institutions, and payers in a non-promotional manner, using their extensive scientific exchange expertise to quickly form partnerships to deliver on the medical strategy, capture and act upon insights to improve patient pathways and outcomes.
- Develop and execute healthcare projects with various stakeholders to improve patient pathways and outcomes
- Quickly build relationships and establish networks ensuring value-based trusted relationships with healthcare professionals, payers and institutions
- Understand the external health care environment at an in-depth level
- Execute engagement plans for various stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with various internal functions
- All MSLs comply with the local and corporate compliance frameworks for external and internal interactions and completes all global/local mandatory trainings
- Exec. MSLs lead projects to navigate complex local health care environments at regional level
- Exec. MSLs are experienced at understanding perspectives and needs of external environment and are able to easily adapt to be relevant and valued
- Exec. MSLs work quickly to identify areas of mutual collaboration and build on a network of relevant stakeholders
- Exec. MSLs work closely with their office based and other internal functions to ensure execution of the Country Medical Plans
- Exec. MSLs lead high value projects, hold others accountable and deliver results within timelines. They communicate consistently and effectively with internal stakeholders
- Complete all MSL SOP trainings and all other corporate assigned compliance trainings
- Complete the MSL onboarding (and certification) program
- Commits to applying and continued practice of the Scientific Engagement Model and Insights process
- Continue to develop and maintain technical therapy area and soft skills
- Create individual development plan aligned with career aspirations
- Minimum 3 years’ customer facing medical experience (required)
- (Bio)Medical, pharmacy or other science/healthcare related degree (required)
- Fluency in spoken and written business Dutch (required)
- Fluency in spoken and written business English (highly regarded)
- Established network within the cardiovascular or diabetes or obesity field (required)
- An in-depth knowledge of the cardiovascular (therapeutic) area and healthcare environment (preferred)
- Successfully driving medical and healthcare projects (required)
- Negotiation and networking skills to achieve high level of cross-functional collaboration (required)
- Communication and presentation skills simplifying complex topics (required)
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.