(Junior) Associate Scientist Downstream Processing (DSP)
- Location: Ghent, BE
- This is a Lab based role, maximum 10% of remote working. No travel expected
- Job type: 12 months temporary contract to start with, full time
About the job
Join Sanofi R&D site in Ghent as (Junior) Associate Scientist Downstream Processing (DSP).
In this role you will contribute to optimize existing workflows or set up new workflows in the wonderful world of purification! You will work on CMC-grade research batch purifications to deliver NANOBODY® batches for all projects running in Sanofi Ghent.
About our team
At Sanofi Ghent, we discover and develop NANOBODY® molecules, a novel class of therapeutic proteins. We are going through inspiring times to develop next-generating therapeutics, born from synergies between our NANOBODY® molecules and exciting new technologies residing in the fields of synthetic biology, precision-activated biologicals, novel drug conjugates and Lipid-nanoparticle CAR-T technology.
You will be working in a dynamic, sometimes high-paced, and positive environment where work is important but so is having fun from time to time! You will discover our diverse and international (7 nationalities) team of around 30 people, willing to share their experience and expertise with you so you can immerse yourself in the wonderful world of purification and NANOBODIES! And all this in the beautiful and lively, cultural city of Ghent.
- Purifying different types of NANOBODY® modalities using state-of-the art equipment to perform chromatography or filtration-based runs
- Discovering the wonderful world of different types of conjugation chemistries
- Working with robots to automate and increase throughput of specific purification steps
- Be part of a true manufacturing team to purify large amounts of NANOBODY® using large-scale equipment
- Purification platform improvement and new Technology exploration adventures
- Development of DSP processes for NANOBODY® pre-candidates during pre-clinical development
- Reports about the results and progress to the line and/or project supervisor, project team and project leader
- Prepares experimental reports (eLN), meeting summaries/presentations and drafts working protocols in English
- Is responsible for one or more lab responsibilities to always keep the different DSP platforms and labs operational
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Life Sciences / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Biomedical sciences or a relevant field of studies
- Relevant experience in chromatography (affinity, Ion Exchange, Hydrophobic Interaction, mixed mode, IMAC), filtration (µ-filtration and ultrafiltration TFF (Tangential Flow Filtration), depth filtration) and/or conjugation techniques is a plus but not mandatory
- Pro-active, organized, and accurate
- Team player
- Hands-on mentality and comfortable with operating high-tech equipment, and a drive to learn about relevant techniques of chromatography, filtration, conjugation, and corresponding equipment
- At ease with MS- Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Scientific curiosity
- Oral and written fluency in English
The motivation letter and the CV of the applicant should be in English and include a paragraph specifying the relevant technical expertise.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.