Senior Manager, JPAC GBU CF Controlling
Job title: Head of JPAC GBU / CF Controlling - KL Hub
- Location: Malaysia
- Job type: Permanent
About the job
The role is part of a high performing team centered on Finance transformation and becoming a best-in-class Finance organization.
The purpose of the Finance Operations Hub Team Manager is to implement and build a high-performing and service oriented team to drive process centralization and standardization and implement transformation projects for the FinOps controlling processes, while ensuring the daily business continuity across countries and markets. This includes the preparation of budgets and forecasts (Strategic Plan / Budget / F1 / F2 / Quarterly Landings), monthly closings (sales reviews, scorecards), project approval and tracking, and other financial planning & analysis activities on a timely basis. This will need to manage multiple stakeholders to ensure all internal and external factors impacting the GTN area are understood, communicated and applied in the development of financial forecasts and budgets. He/ She will develop partnerships with the GBU Finance lead Business Partners as well as Budget Owners to drive results and control forecasts and budgets.
The Global Business Unit & Corporate functions (GBU+CF) is a process organization which captures the Gross to Net (GTN) and Operating Expenses (OPEX) activities of a Global Business Unit. Gross to Net (GTN) activities relate to the Gross to Net Sales lines up to Gross margin in P&Ls, balance sheet reserves and to provide a holistic view on the evolution of topline, gross margin and cash flow forecasting. Such activities include, but not limited to the following:
- Sales Trend, Landing and Rolling Forecast process
- Ensure GTN provisioning and reserves
- GtN & Gross margin reports & analyses
At the same time, the Operating expenses (OPEX) activities relate to the brand, cost center, headcount and business expenses in P&Ls, supporting the accrual process and to provide a holistic view on the evolution of OPEX and forecast spending. Such activities include, but not limited to the following:
- Headcount and OPEX Trend, Landing and Rolling Forecast process
- Ensure OPEX provisioning and accruals
- Running allocation cycles
- OPEX and Project Tracking (Internal orders/ WBS)
- Headcount & OPEX reports & analyses
The role will manage a highly complex business and stakeholder environment based on the number of countries, span of control, business size (sales and OPEX), P&L/ Pharma contribution/ commercial policy complexity, stakeholder complexity, transformation efforts and language skills.
- Accountable for the efficient, high quality and compliant delivery of services related to the budgeting and forecasting as well as closing and reporting sales/gross to net
- Ensure that this end-to-end service is highly efficient, cost-effective, high quality and agile in order to meet internal customer satisfaction (Sanofi employees, GBUs) and achieve strategic KPI targets
- Create a culture of cooperation, collaboration and teamwork across FinOps and FBPs team within the countries and ensure a smooth interface & communication to the relevant stakeholders of the businesses.
- Define, propose, understand and apply best practices from within FinOps or external best-in-class service organizations
- Ensure Compliance and Internal Control/ SOX standards are met. Perform necessary controls and act as a role model, in line with all ethical & compliance rules of the Group
- Support global transformation projects related to finance operations aligning to the Global core model i.e. TM1, ERP, rolling forecast, Insights factory and related process improvements and closely collaborate with Process Managers, Global process owners & Head of FinOps to support the design and implementation of these key projects within the operations
- Drive continuous improvement on the ways of working
People and Task Management:
- Ensure proper implementation as per core model and RACI of the FinOps Hub organization
- Manage and arbitrate planning and priorities of team workload
- Supervise and monitor the individual performance of his/her team (individual development plan, training plan, objectives, career development)
Stakeholder Management and Communication Role:
- Support country FBPs and FinOps service management teams, and other relevant stakeholders and act as the representative of the service delivery team
- Attend and contribute to the functional and coordination meetings
- Monitor Hub service delivery to ensure budgeting and reporting of packages within Group calendar
- Other ad hoc projects and works within Hub team
- Head: 10+ years of service delivery and management in finance controlling environment
- Proven record of successful team leadership through transformation
- JPAC Commercial Finance experience preferred
- Effective change management required to manage transition to the future Core model
- Ability to think strategically: global picture understanding combined with operational execution follow up and management. Risk & Internal controls advanced.
- Demonstrated results building partnerships with multi-levels across businesses required.
- Must have the ability to influence and shape business decisions.
- Ability to lead and manage a team with at least 8 team members, and stakeholders through influence including demonstrated facilitator skills
- Strong organization skills: ability to track and manage a high volume of projects at a detailed level
- Ability to develop a rapport and credibility with key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively across international work streams
- Demonstrated organization savvy and self- awareness
- Adaptable and able to work in complex matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience modeling ethical behavior in challenging situations required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities with attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Proven experience working across multiple internal stakeholders
- Technology savvy, business orientation, and agile learning abilities required
- Capable of working in multiple systems and tools
- Solid grasp of evolving Sanofi technology platforms, processes, and controls including SAGA
- Japanese Language, both speaking and writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- MBA and/or CPA
- Pharmaceutical and public accounting experience
- Commercial Finance and Gross to Net
- TM1 and SAP experience
Sanofi Behaviors and Skills
This position is required to demonstrate behaviors such as Stretch, Put the interest of the organization, Act in the interest of our patients and customers and Take Action. During the interview we will also be asking for examples of skills such as Strategic Thinking, Result Orientation, People Leadership (if applicable), Relationship and Influence.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.