Engineering Team Leader
Engineering and Maintenance Team Leader
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager and as a leader for Sanofi, you will play an integral role within the Sterile mAbS PFS leadership team, ensuring reliable supply of syringes products to our patients globally.
About Sanofi Business Unit
The multiple national award-winning Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland’s southeast coast. Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the site has seen more than €600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities.
- Provide leadership to the applicable Engineering and maintenance team.
- Build team structures and problem solving process to ensure Engineering capability in problem resolution in support of manufacturing operational targets.
- Build and improve on current maintenance systems to ensure equipment is reliable and robust for right first time manufacturing.
- Provide leadership for on-going continuous improvement projects across manufacturing assets.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with the team members and ensure a strong emphasis on the development of these resources.
- Encourage team member & team innovation with a strong emphasis on team member personal responsibility.
- Support operational performance through participation on the site’s operational value stream leadership teams.
- Ensure cGMP compliance is paramount in all department maintenance activities and systems and ensure area regulatory compliance, audit readiness and post-audit finding implementation.
- Collaborate and support with new introduction of products
- Play an active leadership role in Health, Safety and Environmental compliance at all times. Actively support and promote HSE initiatives that target HSE compliance.
- Provide strong contribution to site Engineering leader forums to ensure consistency of approach across site.
- Work closely with Engineering Projects to support the delivery of quality and timely capital projects across the site.
- Provide strong management and control of equipment vendors and maintenance contractors.
To excel in this role you will need to have:
- Level 8 Third level qualification in Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 Years ’ experience of pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge & experience of relevant manufacturing technology
- Detailed knowledge of cGMP
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in lean methodologies and effective facilitator
- Full understanding of Health &Safety and legal requirements for the safe operation of the team
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
- Engineering & Maintenance leadership within Sterile Operations
- New Product Introduction experience within PFS
- Technical Leadership for syringe product Inspection
What Sanofi can offer you
- A role where you are instrumental to ensuring reliable supply of critical products to a global patient population, in an environment where you can develop and grow a meaningful career.
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
Empower Life Everyday
At Sanofi we work across human health from vaccines to rare diseases, and consumer healthcare. This creates opportunities to work across different areas to build a diverse and exciting career. Sanofi has the capabilities and resources to support your aspirations to fulfill your ambitions and be the best you can be.
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Our purpose at Sanofi is to work passionately every day to understand and solve healthcare needs of people across the world. Our ambition is by 2025, to be a top 3 innovative, global and diversified human healthcare company. One that embraces transformative technologies and is focused on its area of excellence, which means we’re not there to try to solve everybody’s problems. We want to focus on those areas where we know we are making a difference.
The values we are live by are teamwork, courage, respect and integrity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.