Unix Administrator Lead
- Job Title: Scientific Computing Lead
- Location: Budapest – Sanofi Business Services, Váci Greens
- Flexible working: 60% home office / week
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the job
We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Sanofi has recently embarked on an ambitious digital transformation program. The Digital R&D Data Product team is a central part of this transformation journey, leading the acceleration of the digitalization of R&D data landscape by building state-of-the-art Data fabric and delivering AI-powered Data Products across R&D functions. As part of this transversal team, Digital R&D COI Platform teams is delivering Scientific Computing Platform capabilities to state of the art computing experience to our scientists.
In this context, Sanofi is recruiting a Scientific Computing Expert, reporting to the Head of R&D Platform products.
About Growing with us
In this role you will…
- Develop globally scalable solutions that are needed by Sanofi R&D Platform team as to provide state of the art computing experience to our scientists:
- Act as local lead for Scientific Computing activities. Coordinate activities in close relationship with Global Product Owner.
- Collaborate closely with interdisciplinary teams to understand computational requirements and design tailored HPC solutions.
- Architect, deploy, and manage HPC clusters, servers and workstations across *Nix/Linux environments, both on-premises and in the AWS Cloud.
- Leverage your familiarity with job schedulers, or others to ensure efficient workload distribution.
- Expertise in server provisioning, configuration, and performance tuning for optimal resource utilization and scalability.
- Develop and maintain robust scripting solutions to automate tasks and streamline workflows.
- Seamlessly integrate and optimize scientific applications, focusing on scale, maintenance, performance and resource allocation.
- Proficiently handle DevOps tools and version control systems to ensure efficient collaborative development practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in system administration (operating systems, network and storage fundamentals, including protocols like TCP/IP, DNS, NFS/CIFS) on both on-premises and Cloud (AWS EFS, Apache HDFS)
- Proven experience in architecting, deploying, and managing HPC clusters for optimal performance.
- Familiarity with job schedulers and workload management systems (such as Sun Grid Engine, SLURM or LFS)
- AWS Cloud certification, showcasing your expertise in utilizing cloud resources effectively.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, R, and bash for automation and tool development.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications management (molecular modeling, design, clustering, structural biology), optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in DevOps tools and version control systems (Git/GitHub or equivalent).
- Solid grasp of storage protocols and network fundamentals. (TCP/IP, DNS, firewall routing, VLANs.AS/SAN, NFS/CIFS, AWS EFS/Lustre or HDFS)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate ideas, concepts and solutions to peers and leaders.
- Pragmatic and capable of solving complex issues, with technical intuition and attention to detail.
- Service-oriented, flexible, and approachable team player.
- Fluent in English (Other languages are a plus).
When joining our team, you will experience:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- An attractive, market-oriented salary and cafeteria benefits.
- Flexible home office policy, with a possibility to work up to 60% of time from home / where you can easily schedule your office days.
- Work from an "Office of the Year 2020" finalist office.
- Collective life and accident insurance.
- Yearly medical check-up.
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees and we will dedicate a Buddy for you to better navigate in your first weeks.
- Your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully.
- Join a great community & special events (Monthly Board Game Nights, Summer Events, Well-Being Lectures & Sport Clubs).
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Discover our Code of Conduct, that serves as the moral compass that guides us when chasing the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Please ensure to have read this document, before applying.
#Sanofi #WeNeverSettle #SanofiCareers #PursueProgress #DiscoverExtraordinary #joinsanofi #careerswithpurpose #SBSBUDAPEST #LI-EUR #LI-Hybrid
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.