Manager - Marketing Analytics
About the job
Sanofi Global Hub (SGH) is an internal Sanofi resource organization based in India and is setup to centralize processes and activities to support Specialty Care, Vaccines, General Medicines, CHC, CMO, and R&D, Data & Digital functions. SGH strives to be a strategic and functional partner for tactical deliveries to Medical, HEVA, and Commercial organizations in Sanofi, Globally.
The overall purpose and main responsibilities are listed below:
- At Sanofi we are leveraging analytics and technology, on behalf of patients around the world. We are seeking those who have a passion for using data, analytics, and insights to drive decision making that will allow us to tackle some of the world’s greatest health threats.
- Within our commercial Insights, Analytics, and Data organization we are transforming to better power decision-making across our end-to-end commercialization process, from business development to late lifecycle management.
- Deliverables support planning and decision making across multiple functional areas such as finance, manufacturing, product development and commercial.
- In addition to ensuring high-quality deliverables, our team drives synergies across the franchise, fosters innovation and best practices, and creates solutions to bring speed, scale and shareability to our planning processes. As we endeavour, we are seeking a dynamic talent for the role of “Manager – Marketing Analytics”
- We are looking for a team member to support our analytics team based out of US. Robust analytics is a priority for our businesses, as the product potential has major implications to a wide range of disciplines.
- It is essential to have someone who understands and aspires to implement innovative analytics techniques to drive our insights generation across different franchises.
- Maintain effective relationship with the end stakeholders within the allocated GBU and tasks – with an end objective to develop education and communication content as per requirement
- Actively lead and develop SGH operations associates and ensure new technologies are leveraged
- Collaborate with global stakeholders for project planning and setting up the timelines and maintaining budget.
- Refresh Existing Reports and identifies improvement opportunities in reporting and BI tools and as needed structure / functionality with the latest insights as they become available
- Works to develop deal tracking analytics and reporting capabilities focused on Omni Channel Marketing and Digital Content Analytics
- Collaborates with Digital to enhance data access across various sources, develop tools, technology, and process to constantly improve quality and productivity
- Providing accurate, timely reporting of key brand performance indicators and business trends
- Providing actionable analysis of performance of the commercial organization and on specific marketing initiatives including but not limited to brand resource optimization, marketing campaign management & business performance management
- Conduct extensive omnichannel analytics work including assessment of promotion tactic, content, vendor, and channel performance, analysis of customer behaviour and engagement journey to optimize customer experience.
- Integrating and analysing data from different sources while building visual, automated and easy to use dashboards
- Managing data and systems infrastructure ensuring data accuracy and quality
- Responsible for tracking, analysing and reporting on marketing activities, campaigns, etc. while providing meaningful customer insights to drive business decisions.
- Design, develop and maintain dashboards as needed while maintaining corresponding databases, data systems, and data analytics tools.
- Perform detailed analyses to follow up and diagnose performance signals, marketing effectiveness and underlying market dynamics.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify KPIs, prioritize data gaps, ensure data accuracy, etc.
- Translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations and communicate through regular interaction with business unit teams
- Work with stakeholders to understand changing business needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Support delivery of projects in terms of resourcing, coordination, quality, timeliness, efficiency, and high technical standards for deliveries made by the medical writing group, including scientific documents and clinical/medical reports
- Secure adherence to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable standards
- Refresh report on frequency/cycle basis (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually), along with QC checks for each refresh
- Use latest tools/technologies/methodologies and partner with internal teams to provide support on all sort of regular and ad hoc business analytics activities like build, maintenance, and enhancements of such systems
- Ability to work cross-functionally, gather requirements, analyse data, and generate insights and reports that can be used by the GBU
- Work collaboratively with the stakeholder teams to prioritize work and deliver on time-sensitive requests
- Be able to provide and defend gathered intelligence, methodology, content, and conclusions to the global leadership in a clear, concise format.
- Work closely with global teams and/ external vendors to ensure the end-to-end effective project delivery of the designated publication/medical education deliverables.
- Experience: 5-7 years of experience in pharmaceutical product marketing analytics. In-depth knowledge of common databases like SQL, Databricks, advanced excel, VBA, advanced PowerPoint, Engagement and execution data, etc. 4+ years of data/analysis experience in a healthcare company (pharmaceutical or biotech) or supporting organization, Experience with web analytics, CRM, digital marketing and analytics (Veeva, Google Ads/Search Ads, Social Media, E-commerce, content management, Google Analytics, competitor monitoring, etc.)
- Soft skills: Strong learning agility; Ability to manage ambiguous environments, and to adapt to changing needs of the business; Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills a must; Team player who is curious, dynamic, result oriented and can work collaboratively; Ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment; Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment, with ability to work across time zones; Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques.
- Technical skills:
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in a broad range technique including data analysis, statistics, and quantitative study design
- Knowledge of data warehousing, Snowflake, SQL, Databricks
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite (particularly PowerPoint)
- Experience in advanced analytic and statistical techniques related multivariate and A/B testing, digital revenue attribution, customer segmentation, and marketing effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and other cross functional business partners.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and priorities and respond to changing priorities
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a broad team
- Strong experience using analytical platforms (e.g., Databricks, SQL developers, etc)
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources and CRM data systems (e.g., Veeva)
- Experience of using analytical tools like Power BI, Qliksense, Tableau, Smartsheet, and Alteryx etc.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and proficiency in VBA
- Experience of developing and managing dashboards
- Project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Understand CRM database concept, web tagging, data warehousing, cloud environment (AWS), data architecture and ETL
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and actionable insights
- Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of stakeholders and diverse functions
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, supply chain and marketing functions
- Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to think creatively about challenging problems
- Conduct and communicate extensive omnichannel analytics work including assessment of promotion tactic, content, vendor, and channel performance, analysis of customer behaviour and engagement journey to optimize customer experience.
- Education: Advanced degree in areas such as Management/Statistics/Decision Sciences/Engineering/Life Sciences/ Business Analytics or related field (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters);
- Languages: Excellent knowledge in English and strong communication skills – written and spoken
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.