Global Lead Buyer - Travel
Location: Budapest (Hungary)
50% Remote working
Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the job
The procurement function aims at enabling the Sanofi strategy by leveraging the supplier markets and delivering added value throughout operations performed within Central, Global, and Regional pillars of its organization.
Our purpose in procurement is to be a strategic function that brings sustainable value, working in partnership with our international business partners and external suppliers.
In this exciting position, your mission will be to provide and ensure the execution of the sourcing strategy of "Travel" sub-category, throughout the Procurement network at country, and regional level
To be successful in this position, you need to have global view, systematic approach and be detail-oriented, with a focus on project execution, quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Develop with the Global Category Manager (GCM), Regional Category Managers (RCM) and Business Partners (lead specifiers) innovative sourcing strategies that have measurable benefits for Sanofi
- Share in sanofi the global supplier market expertise
- Anticipate and consolidate all business needs to carry out worldwide negotiations on specific sub-categories for a global strategic sourcing strategy, with regional implementation plans
- Deliver world class total savings objectives to execute at all levers
- Planet mobilization and Sustainability are key components of this Procurement sourcing strategy
- Ensure procurement technical excellence (TCO, SRM, Market Intel, Risk Management, Innovation, CSR, HSE, compliance, quality…) at Global Level
- As per mandate of GCM, manage Global Business Reviews with identified key suppliers
- Drive the most strategic bids and negotiations: globalization & harmonization programs
- Provide to procurement network: market trends, share budget assumptions and LRP
- Drive the development of new market opportunities (new suppliers, technologies, substitution products, etc.)
- As assigned, lead an SRM program at global level, ensuring relevant metrics
- Ensure proper BP at Corporate level, with global functions as well as global Business Units, as it pertains to their respective categories, ensure adequate lead specifier profile for the sub-category
- Ensure consistency, communication and integration within the business and the procurement network as it pertains to their respective categories
- Actively support & have support business partnering activities to and from their procurement peers
- Ensure the operational sourcing & action plan follow up for your procurement sub-category fully aligned with category management strategy/orientation
- Support RCM and country buyers, provides advice and/or participates to their strategic negotiations according to needs
- 5+ years of experience in Sourcing Process with proven international exposure in the field of Travel activities (Air carriers and other transportations, Hotels, Travel agencies, Restaurants, …)
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving skills, flexible, receptive, resourceful, creative, and results oriented
- Assertive, sense of diplomacy, high-level communicator, good organizational skills, excellent presentation skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal sensitivity
- Influential management, ability to convince and persuade others regarding appropriate solutions
- Good understanding of finance, business, operations, and legal aspects including service level agreements, KPIs’, fixed price agreement
- Confident, good negotiator and capable in interacting with key stakeholders and vendors (VPs & CEOs from suppliers)
- Experienced and confident in managing complex and undefined business situations
- Business degree or equivalent international university degree required, in science, engineering or economics
- Fluent in English (Business Level); any other languages (e.g. French, Spanish, Chinese) would be a plus
What we offer
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees
- Professional career opportunities in dynamically developing working environments
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications
- Company car
- Collective life and accident insurance
- Yearly medical check-up
If the description fits your experience and has aroused your interest, please apply so we can get in contact with you!
Discover our Code of Conduct, that serves as the moral compass that guides us when chasing the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Please ensure to have read this document, before applying.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Pursue Progress, Discover Extraordinary
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.