Scientist Protein Analytics (limited until 31.10.2024) - all genders
About the job
Sanofi tirelessly continues its path towards becoming a world-class Biologics organization and it is expanding the capabilities in this area. The Large Molecules Research (LMR) organization consists of seven sites, focused on Antibody, NANOBODY® and SYNTHORINTM molecules as therapeutic modalities. In this context, LMR Germany has a strategically important position as being the only site with swing capacity ranging from multispecific Antibody formats through NANOBODY® molecules up to Antibody/NANOBODY® hybrids and fusion proteins. The section Assays & Analytics is embedded in the Frankfurt LMR Hub. With its broad spectrum of analytical techniques and its strong expertise in characterization and Developability of multispecific molecules, the team sets high standards and is a key driver for high-quality Biologics.
With a broad knowledge of different protein analytical techniques and a sound molecular understanding, the Analytical Scientist coordinates and manages analytical studies to characterize drug candidates - including physicochemical characterization as well as comprehensive developability assessments - and serves as the interface between the laboratory teams and multidisciplinary Research teams. In collaboration with other experts in the group, he/she integrates and judges analytical data and ensures a holistic analytical view to support the discovery and optimization of multispecific Biologics modalities. In local and global project teams, he/she is the subject matter expert for Analytics and as such a driver towards high-quality Biologics.
To strengthen our ambition to discover high-quality Biologics, we are searching for an individual with profound molecular understanding and a strong background in protein analytics. The ideal candidate covers a broad spectrum of analytical techniques and has experience with Biologics modalities and/or complex proteins. This is a great opportunity to have significant impact on the quality of the Research portfolio and to increase the probability of success of drug candidates in Development.
- Account for a broad spectrum of biophysical and biochemical techniques to characterize Biologics drug candidates with a focus on Antibody- and NANOBODY®-related molecules.
- Collect analytical results from the different laboratory teams, judge and integrate data, and ensure the full analytical picture is considered for decision making.
- Lead and coordinate comprehensive Developability assessments for Research drug candidates employing the full capacity of the Assays & Analytics group. Evaluate and present the data and leverage learnings to guide Lead Optimization.
- As the subject matter expert for Analytics be a member of local and global multidisciplinary project teams and as such a driver towards high-quality Biologics.
- Interact closely with experts inside and outside the group. Coordinate relevant activities across interfaces and ensure smooth processes.
Education and professional Experience
- PhD in biochemistry or a related discipline
- Relevant experience in industry is a plus
- Team-player with excellent communication skills
- Independent and result-oriented way of working to deliver on agreed objectives and on time
- Curious and ability to rapidly develop a good understanding of new environments and processes
- Broad expertise in protein characterization using biophysical and biochemical techniques and a sound molecular understanding.
- The ideal candidate has experience in the characterization of relevant Biologics modalities and/or of complex protein molecules.
- Ability to cross-validate between various analytical disciplines for holistic judgement of scientific data and to summarize the results.
- Ability to present the outcome of analytical studies to local and global multidisciplinary project teams.
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex studies across different laboratories.
Excellent English skills, German would be beneficial
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.