Analytical Science Team Leader
Analytical Sciences Team Lead
- Location: Waterford
- On site
- Job type: 23 months contract
For more than 20 years, our Waterford team has continued to grow and diversify to serve patients around the world. Today, a team of almost 800 work together at a state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical and medical device campus. Recognized through multiple local and national awards, Sanofi Waterford offers flexible working and access to a world of opportunities to grow your career at one location. As well as attractive benefits, the team enjoy access to an onsite gym and medical center that underpin a strong commitment to health and wellbeing.
About the job
Analytical Sciences are responsible for the analytical transfer, validation and lifecycle management of methods to enable the site to bring in new business. The department is the first to source and implement new analytical technologies for the site. Analytical Sciences are the subject matter experts for all analytical testing within the Waterford site and the team lead will play an integral part in delivering the product and program roadmap.
- Lead, mentor and support a team of Analytical Sciences Analysts in the delivery of analytical method transfers, validations and ALCM activities.
- Develop analytical expertise within the AS department.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Laboratories and managing the workload of the team.
- Lead troubleshooting activities to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Review technical documentation, primarily Transfer and Validation Protocols, Summary Reports, Risk Assessment documents and other Technology Transfer supporting documents, as requested or instructed, for content and quality of the document to be fit for purpose.
- Effective interaction with other departments and project teams.
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System is maintained and its effectiveness monitored.
- Assists in producing established metrics to monitor department activities and performance measures.
- Ensures projects are managed in conjunction with all required Sanofi and regulatory requirements (EHS, cGLP, method transfers, environmental etc).
- 3rd level qualification in engineering or science, MSc or PhD preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry required.
- Demonstrated performance in leading teams and project delivery.
- Strong focus on quality and proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical ability, experience with Empower software preferred.
- Operational experience of quality laboratories in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and organization.
- Fluent English, both written and oral – essential.
- Problem solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting objectives are required.
- Able to manage projects to plan/budget.
- Proven track record of prioritizing tasks and managing several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with mentoring team members.
- Strong safety, quality and continuous improvement focus.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.