Regional Medical Affairs Claims Lead, North America
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare, we have one overarching mission - to work passionately, challenging ourselves and our industry every day, to drive what we believe is the next health revolution: evolving from simply serving consumers, to helping people help themselves - bringing “Health in Your Hands”.
Sanofi Consumer Healthcare US (formerly Chattem) is a leading marketer and manufacturer of a broad portfolio of branded over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products, in such categories as allergy, upper and lower gastrointestinal, skin care, topical pain care, oral care and other OTC toiletry products. The US CHC portfolio includes well-recognized brands such as: Allegra, Nasacort, Xyzal, Dulcolax, Gold Bond, Cortizone-10, Icy Hot, Aspercreme, ACT, Unisom, and Selsun Blue.
To achieve this, we need strong talent who will help us shape the future of our Consumer Healthcare business and challenge our industry. We aspire to create a work environment where people can thrive, grow, and be at their best every day. We believe in operating with integrity and prioritizing the health and well-being of people and communities where we operate, working towards making a positive impact in the world.
Lead cross-functional teams in the end-to-end claim generation and/or activation process to ensure differentiated claims for our new products and existing base products). Ensure that our claims for North America are accompanied by a strong science position driven by consumer & brand insight.
- Lead cross functional team through the Sanofi end-to-end claim generation process for our product pipeline with a view on potential claims that can be delivered today and in the future.
- Ensure claims generation and activation is triggered by an identified actionable insight and drive the team to create differentiated claims compared to competition integrating science & technology into the claim.
- Ensure that our claims are supported by a strong science mode of action that is relevant for consumers.
- Ensure insight generation and claim generation process are integrated and data-driven-target audience-based, consumer journey-centric and supported by data.
- Explore how to ensure that digital tools and AI are explored to accelerate our claims generation process.
- Ensure creation of engaging content for consumers & HCPs.
- Ensure substantiation packages are available (scientific data, consumer data, context, brand strategy), roll-out toolkits, and mitigation plans in place at the moment of claims roll out/launch date).
- Ensure a future pipeline of claims with recommendations of where to invest from a capability to ensure differentiation.
- Support the base business of the respective region as the single point of contact by taking the learnings from the respective category and partner in the adaptation to local insights and in the end-to-end activation process.
- Foster continuous communication with Global Claims Head and local teams enabling best practice sharing and continuous process and platforms optimization.
- Ensure claim repositories and key reference documents are up-to-date for existing products and innovation pipelines.
- Ensure insights delivered by claim generation and activation processes are analyzed and shared with Global Claims team and the regions.
- Provide timely data and labelling gap analysis to Global Claims Team.
Key Working Relationships
- For New Product Development claims generation, key constellation is the cross functional project teams including R&D leads, Medical Leads, Brand leads, Regulatory Leads.
- For base business hybrid responsibility, key constellation includes local brands teams (including science hub), respective category brand team, respective category claims lead and regional scientific affairs and activation teams.
- Global Claims Team to ensure best practice sharing, provide with data and labelling gap analysis, ensure consistency and efficiency across categories and regions and continuous capability building.
- Regional Science Hub Team.
- External Partnering.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in in science or related degree.
- 7+ years of experience in medical affairs.
- 5+ years translating science into consumer relevant claims.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience managing cross-functional teams based in different countries.
- Experience analyzing and integrating scientific and consumer data.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in regulated environment (Pharma or Food) and understanding of different regulatory environments.
- Understanding of various sources of scientific data (e.g., BE, In Vitro, RWE, non-clinical studies); strong science based background.
- Understanding of various sources of consumer data.
- Understanding of ATL and BTL marketing (including digital channels)
- Experience working cross-culturally and globally to enhance diverse, equitable and inclusive teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative strategic thinking.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills: possess the ability to proactively analyze problems, identify key issues, develop strategic and tactical solutions, and design metrics to measure business impact.
- Ability to interact with Senior Leaders.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Cultural traits / P2W (Play to Win) Behavior
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now.
Constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment.
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of own of those of his or her team.
Consider both short and long-term impact of decisions; puts collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level.
- Act in the interest of our patients and customers.
Actively engage with customers to know their current and future needs; brings an external perspective into decisions.
- Take action and don’t wait to be told what to do:
take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of her/his actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward.
What's In It For You
- Competitive Pay
- Three (3) Weeks Paid Vacation
- Robust 401(k) + Employer Match
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Learning and Developmental Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups
EEO/AA Employer: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location: Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not available.
Travel: Minimal (about 10%).
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.