Senior Director, Site Operations - Vaccine
WHO WE ARE:
Sanofi Pasteur is the vaccines division of Sanofi. We believe in a world in which no one suffers or dies from a vaccine-preventable disease. The Swiftwater site is in northeast Pennsylvania and is home to the production of over 120 million doses of vaccine each year.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health.
The mission of this position is to develop and manage the site Operational Activities, Business Continuity Program, Site cGMP Training, and to support the Vice President, Manufacturing & Supply, Vaccines US (VP M&S, US) in managing the Swiftwater site. This role includes components of site operations (understanding and translation of the vision and priorities), facilitation (enabling leadership team to work together and getting to decision faster), project management (leading highly important projects), and bridges building (connecting the dots within the leadership team and with the rest of the organization):
• By coordinating site services areas with the key stakeholders of the site including US Sanofi Research & Development (R&D), Commercial Operations (Com Ops), M&S Operations (M&S) and Sanofi Business Services (SBS) to assure that the site operations are appropriately managed, and all required activities are supported timely.
• By supporting the VP M&S for management of special projects, business problem resolutions and reviewing key initiatives programs and plans as needed.
• By overseeing the development and implementation of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans for the Swiftwater Site.
• By supporting site engagement & communications as needed.
• By providing Leadership and Manage the Site GMP Training
1) Provide support to the VP M&S for special projects management for site operations and/or infrastructure developments or continuous improvement programs, development of KPIs, business problem resolution, any integration activities, reviewing key initiative plans and programs. Financial analysis of certain initiatives including new business opportunities for site as needed. Assist with site strategic workforce planning. Support site vision ensuring the implementation of the change efforts to achieve the vision and strategy.
2) Responsible for M&S Training & Education by providing strategic direction and leadership for the regulated Good Practices (a.k.a. GXP) and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) training programs within Vaccines M&S, Commercial Operations and R&D (site level), as well as providing oversight for the Security Training Program at the Swiftwater (SWR) site.
In specific, the incumbent is responsible for strategy, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the GXP and HSE training programs in order to enable site personnel and temporary staff to perform their jobs effectively. The role also provides leadership to the M&S Training and Education (T&E) staff. Support both M&S-GXP and site-wide HSE training programs at the site.
- Designs and periodically revisits the Site Strategy for Training & Education, according to the site strategical and tactical needs and considering the directions provided by Global /Corporate bodies like Sanofi Quality Academy (SQA) and others.
- This includes but is not limited to the implementation, maintenance and/or improvement of the necessary systems.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for M&S, T&E staff. Provide coaching and resources needed to ensure successful Instructional Design (ID) and delivery of training programs.
- Influence M&S senior management decision-making and/or resource allocation through the presentation of data-driven reports on training activities and efforts; drive the analysis of current and potential training programs to determine their effectiveness and efficiency (e.g.: impact on business objectives/needs, employee satisfaction, benefit/cost ratio, etc.).
3) Take lead on site visits and develop materials/presentations for external visitors/global management visitors and management forums.
• Assist the SLT members and others in developing site presentations including:
• Defining and developing the scope and objective of the presentation and assuring that it aligns with the Programs and Plans contained in the site Strategic Execution Plan.
• Interacting with stakeholders to obtain the data sources/information for the presentation.
• Creating and refining the information to meet the objectives of the meetings. Validating the final presentation with VP M&S.
• Assist VP M&S in managing materials and presentations for business committees such as Global Vaccines M&S Management Committee, Sanofi Vaccines US Business Committee, Sanofi US M&S LT and other meetings.
• Coordinate visits of the site of External Visitors (government agencies) and Senior management including planning, topics, people involved, agenda, tours, etc.
4) Strives for continuous improvement and take initiatives to recommend/develop innovative approaches to training strategies, tactics, and projects. As needed, interact with Global, HSE and other training affiliates.
Coordination role for the site services areas and the key site stakeholders
• Coordinate with SBS, Security, HSE, Site Technical Services and Engineering teams, Site HR lead and Internal Communications to assure that the site is being properly managed to support the activities of all the stakeholders.
• Member of the Swiftwater Site Management Committee (SSMC). Key responsibilities include Creating and maintaining the meeting master schedule to ensure the functional responsibilities of the SSMC are met, which includes identifying and prioritizing meeting topics/discussions, and driving the SSMC action item register among members.
• This role requires regular interaction with all members of the SSMC.
5) Oversee development and implementation of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans for the site to support uninterrupted product supply.
6) Working closely with the VP to identify and prepare for critical thought leadership engagements. Work with VP and coach the SLT members to improve the business and transversal relationships.
- BS/BA, Engineering, or similar technical field required.
- 15+ years of Business Management in Operations and allied disciplines such as Manufacturing, R&D or Commercial Operations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to actively and cooperatively work with cross functional teams.
- 10% Travel
- Masters level degree in technical field (i.e. Biology and chemical/mechanical engineering) or MBA with solid business training, is desirable.
- Certifications: Operational excellence/Lean Six Sigma certification – green or black belt or other certifications.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, aligning, socializing, monitoring, adapting, and delivering strategies in dynamic, rapidly changing environments.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.