Fixed Asset Accountant
Fixed Asset Accountant
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the job
Sanofi Global Services Bogota Hub was established and joined the Sanofi Global Services Hub Network in 2022 to support Sanofi Americas region with best-in-class finance and human resources services with the addition of transversal expertise to manage complex projects and changes, as well as build continuous improvement, automation, and process enhancements. Our continuously growing team of talented Sanofians is developing and innovating to enhance Sanofi's services and contribute to the mission of chasing the miracles of science.
Sanofi Business Services (SBS), one of the 4 pillars of Sanofi’s Business Transformation organization, is setting up a new captive Business Services centre in Bogotá to provide Finance & Accounting (Account-to-Report, Customer-Invoicing-to-Cash) as well as Employee oriented (Employee Experience) services to the regions USA and Latin America (except Brasil).
In addition, the Bogotá Business Services Centre will host a number of global Centres of Excellence (CoE) and provide support and other services globally.
With respect to Account to Report (A2R) the Business Services centre will be covering the following areas of the process:
- Assets Management
- Interco accounting
- Cash accounting
- GL accounts closing and reporting
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver assets management services to SBS Latam (except Brasil) with backup support for USA, as per their respective Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
The Fixed Assets accountant reports to Assets Management Lead and works closely with Finance (Controlling, Treasury, Tax, Internal Control...), other SBS departments, Customer Service and A2R teams in regions / countries.
- Participate in different activities relating to fixed asset life cycle (capitalizations, dispossals, transfers etc)
- Perform asset depreciation and valuation, inventory valuation and month-end reporting
- Contribute to periodic reviews of asset impairment and inventory follow-up
- Address operational issues and follow through to resolution in an effective and timely manner
- Managing audit requests for processes related to fixed assets
- Performing periodic reconciliations and journal entries in accordance with the core model alignment.
- Deliver operational KPIs and comply with Sanofi policies and guidelines
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Execute in compliance of processes, transactions and reports with Sanofi accounting policies, internal control guidelines and audit / SOX requirements.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of the activities in scope as well as local knowledge of entities in scope and become a super-user
- Pro-actively anticipate operational issues and coach junior analysts
- Identify process improvement opportunities through elimination of redundant activities
- Participate in process automation initiatives and ensure seamless adoption and transition
- Good and proven experience in GL accounting preferably in an international multicultural environment (essential)
- Desirable experience in share service centers or the BPO industry
- Knowledge of IFRS and local GAAPs (essential)
- Hands-on expertise in Fixed Assets and Inventory accounting processes and activities (essential)
- Knowledge of GL accounting and reporting (essential)
- Experience in working within a Business Services organization (advantageous)
- Good business acumen (advantageous)
- Strong problem solving, deductive and analytical skills (advantageous)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and structure the tasks for oneself and direct reports (essential)
- Attentive to detail and works with precision (advantageous)
- Action oriented, delivery driven, change agent (advantageous)
- Role model / coach to junior analysts (advantageous)
- Soft skills:
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner (essential)
- Team player, able to work collaboratively transversally and with A2R front line teams with an end to end mindset (essential)
- Good communication skills (advantageous)
- Attentive to customer needs and feedback (advantageous)
- Technical skills:
- Hands-on experience of SAP FI (essential) and other accounting related IT tools (e.g. Trintech Cadency-Black Line, Nakisa) (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and expertise of MS Excel (essential)
- Education: Graduate degree in accounting or finance (essential)
- Languages: Intermediate level of English (essential)-B1
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.