NHS Engagement Manager - East Midlands
NHS Engagement Manager (East Midlands)
About the job
About the team
One of the key roles of General Medicines in Sanofi is to drive innovation through transformation. In UKIE this involves embracing Agile ways of working and putting data at the forefront of our decision-making, enabling us to be more relevant to our customers and play a role in helping Healthcare Systems and Key Markets not only thrive but address the challenges of tomorrow.
This ambition can be only made possible by attracting and retaining the best people to help us on our mission to serve the millions of patients we provide medicine for. The UKIE team provides a space for our talented people to come together, connect, be themselves and feel engaged to develop. This combination of the best people, working in an agile way based on data driven decision will enable us to deliver the best-in-class experience for our customers.
- Develops and maintains productive and sustained relationships with key influencers, who have the capability to influence, promote or inhibit Sanofi General Medicines business within the local/regional health economy population level.
- To be an expert on the commercial environment by constantly keeping a breadth of the changing healthcare system, understanding national policies, local priorities and helping with implementation for local health organisations.
- A deep and wide understanding of integrated care systems (or devolved nation alternatives) and management of medicines within these healthcare systems. In particular NEMs must be experts in commercial schemes such as rebates, innovative pricing arrangements, market access principles and the functioning of Area Prescribing Committees and procurement networks in order to develop appropriate opportunities for Sanofi General Medicines that meet the customer need.
- The application of priority Account First capabilities: Business Ownership, Operate Strategically, Network Mapping and Design and Responsive Planning to ensure continuous creation of a shared vision with team and customers, in order to create value for the organization, customers/patients.
- Demonstrate a profit centre owner mindset and input to the balancing of resource investment & growth to deliver sales targets, market share and reputation. To optimise brand strategy in order to build a sustainable business whilst meeting the needs of prioritised key accounts.
- Works with MSLs and Real-World Insights to fully understand the local environment, the policies in place and the goals of critical health care decision makers/payers who make decisions on the Sanofi General Medicines portfolio. Shapes (rather than being subject to) the local environment to achieve and optimise market profitability throughout the lifecycle of the portfolio.
- Proactively communicates information and provides recommendations regarding insights into the local health economic environment and potential business opportunities, to inform resourcing, customer targeting and business planning.
- Delivers impactful face to face, virtual two-way and group interactions with key influencers through conversational and yet compelling argumentation using the principles of Account Based Selling.
- Actively develops and demonstrates capability and role models Account First thinking in line with the competency framework.
- Demonstrates high standards of therapy area knowledge and adoption of an omnichannel approach to internal/external interactions.
- Supports a culture of high performance, accountability and empowerment across the account team and is willing to stretch and take on new challenges.
- Proactively explore and collaborate with the agile squads to seize all opportunities to engage effectively with identified customer groups through maximising and optimising the agreed omnichannel strategy to ensure a high level of customer experience.
- Responsible for commercial programmes, deals, rebates and discussions around actual selling prices in line with related briefings and Sanofi SOPs.
- Leads on collaborative working with healthcare systems in line with the Sanofi collaborative Working SOP.
- Delivery of Advanced Budgetary Notifications (ABNs) and other pre-launch and launch phase market access activities in line with issued briefings.
- Create a vision and strategy that is integrated and not brand silod that leverages the data, insights, channels to create a plan that will support our customers and deliver Sanofi’s ambition.
- Maximise the use of digital ecosystems to both enable & maximise data driven decision making which delivers a best-in-class customer experience.
- Educated to an appropriate level or equivalent.
- Detailed understanding of ABPI Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment. ABPI qualified.
- Detailed knowledge of Primary Care Commissioning and finances.
- Knowledge and understanding of the modern NHS/HSE/Department of Health Ireland.
- Demonstrated ability to influence relationships and leverage knowledge internally across a matrix structure to optimise opportunities with customers and achieve shared goals.
- Proven commercial acumen, with clear understanding of the business market dynamics and the ability to accurately assess and convey market access intelligence to shape plans.
- Ability to make decisions promptly.
- Evidence of an in depth understanding and ability to set standards around collaborative working.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and committed to offering an interview to candidates who request to be considered under the Scheme and meet the minimum requirements required for this role.
If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to ask for adjustments to be made at interviews, please email diversity.recruitmentUKIE@sanofi.com so we can make arrangements for you.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.