Head of Transversal OPEX - KL Hub
Head of Transversal OPEX - KL Hub
About the job
Join our dynamic Finance Operations (FinOps) team as a Finance Operations Transversal Manager. In this pivotal role, you'll contribute to our ongoing Finance transformation journey towards becoming a best-in-class Finance organization.
The role is responsible for both transforming and operating harmonized financial processes across various functions and geographies. The transformation phase should result in a team growing from ~10 to 50+ members.
The Head of Transversal OPEX is responsible for building and leading a high-performing team that drives the harmonization of financial processes across various functions and geographies. The role has two core components: Transformation and Operations.
As part of the Transformation, you will identify and prioritize processes for centralization, oversee the transition of these processes to the new team, and propose organizational designs for efficient operations:
- Identify, and prioritize which processes are subject to Transversalization (Headcount & Personnel Costs, Reporting, Accrual processes, PO/spend management, Master Data initialization…)
- Establish the list of activities subject to the transversalization (processes and human efforts such as target team sizing) and proposed organizational design to run these activities in the best efficient way
- Move activities & processes from the various existing teams (GBU/CF/R&D/M&S) to the newly created team in charge of running the transversal processes.
- Propose to the Hub Head the detailed plan and provide all information for proper arbitration on scoping.
This transformation phase should result in a team growing from ~10 Headcount to 50+ Headcount (the phase mentioned above should help determine the target design).
The incumbent is also in charge of running the Operations done by the Transversal teams and ensure the daily business continuity across countries and markets such as:
- preparation of budgets and forecasts (Budget / T1 / F2 / Quarterly Landings)
- monthly closings (sales reviews, scorecards)
- project approval and tracking, and other financial planning & analysis activities.
The incumbent will need to manage multiple stakeholders (Cluster Service Delivery teams, Service Management, Design Authority…) to ensure that the output of the Transversal team are understood, communicated and applied in the development of financial forecasts and budgets.
The incumbent is expected to master the controlling processes and have proven experience in this field. He/she is also expected to have the ability to simplify and rationalize the processes to deliver efficiencies, while understanding the complexity and the specificities of each perimeter.
- As detailed above, the first priority of the role is to map processes that are subject to be delivered in the Transversal team, and supervise the internal transfer of activities;
- Support global transformation initiatives related to finance operations aligning to the Global core model (TM1, ERP, rolling forecast, Insights factory) and related process improvements and closely collaborate with Process Managers, Global process owners & Head of FinOps to support the design and implementation of these key projects within the operations
- Define the ways of working
- Accountable for running efficient, high quality and compliant delivery of services related to the budgeting and forecasting as well as closing and reporting;
- Ensure that this end-to-end service is highly efficient, cost-effective, high quality and agile in order to meet internal customer satisfaction (Sanofi employees, GBUs) and achieve strategic KPI targets
- Create a culture of cooperation with the other teams in the Hub and FBP teams within the countries and ensure a smooth interface & communication to the relevant stakeholders of the businesses.
- Define, propose, understand and apply best practices from within FinOps or external best-in-class service organizations
- Ensure Compliance and Internal Control/ SOX standards are met. Perform necessary controls and act as a role model, in line with all ethical & compliance rules of the Group
People and Task Management:
- Propose an organizational design that will enable proper implementation of the core model and RACI of the FinOps Hub organization
- Manage and arbitrate planning and priorities of team workload
- Supervise and monitor the individual performance of his/her team (individual development plan, training plan, objectives, career development)
Stakeholder Management and Communication Role:
- Be a reliable member of the Hub FinOps leadership team, fostering efforts to transform the way FinOps delivers the service in the Hub after the first “Lift & Shift” phase;
- Support Cluster Delivery teams, FinOps service management teams, country FBPs and other relevant stakeholders
- Other ad hoc projects and works within Hub team
- Head: 10+ years of service delivery and management in finance controlling environment
- Effective change management,
- Ability to think strategically,
- Demonstrated results building partnerships with multi-levels across businesses,
- Ability to influence and shape business decisions,
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities with attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Technology savvy
- A solid grasp of evolving Sanofi technology platforms, processes, and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- MBA and/or CPA
- Pharmaceutical and public accounting experience
- Commercial Finance and Gross to Net
- TM1 and SAP experience
Sanofi Behaviors and Skills
This position is required to demonstrate behaviors such as Stretch, Put the interest of the organization, Act in the interest of our patients and customers and Take Action. During the interview we will also be asking for examples of skills such as Strategic Thinking, Result Orientation, People Leadership (if applicable), Relationship and Influence.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.