Head Unit Fill& Finish - all genders
About the job
Our M&S ambition is to build a modern, industry leading manufacturing & supply network, bringing together, talented people and cutting-edge process technologies and data to reliably deliver high-quality, affordable & sustainable medicines and vaccines.
We are simplifying, standardizing and digitizing our production methods and processes. We’re investing in new technologies and manufacturing processes, and more importantly, our people to ensure we have the resources and capabilities to deliver on our ambition.
The M&S GenMed Cluster Insulins Team is committed to setting world-class standards to enable Diabetes patients globally to improve their lives, by providing innovative and affordable solutions. Located in the Industriepark Höchst, the Insulins Campus Frankfurt (ICF) is comprising around 3600 employees and 10 buildings.
Products: Full Insulin range, legacy Pharma products, Oncology and Biologics (packaging), monoclonal antibodies (device assembly and packaging).
Technologies: API production via fermentation, sterile filling, device assembly, packaging, special form (e.g. powder coating, creams, ointments, implants, microparticles).
The Head of the Unit Fill & Finish ensures industrialization of product and production process improvements as well as product extensions within the related autonomous production units (APUs). He/she is managing this as a “business of its own”. He/she leads the cross-functional Unit and APU team, which consists of Managers for Production, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, HSE and SMS.
With this team he/she is constantly driving cost and performance excellence whilst ensuring adequate supply capabilities, capacities, and flexibility to react on changes in demand.
The Unit Fill & Finish comprises the APUs New Lantus Plant (NLP), New Aseptic Processing Plant (NAPA) as well as Packaging and is a production unit that is responsible for the manufacturing of a specific product group. Within the APUs, all functions are involved on a daily basis in making decisions close to the shop floor, solving problems and improving processes.
- Performance Champion: committed and accountable to deliver, problem solver, pushing for speed/excellence in execution while not compromising on quality and safety.
- Transformation Pioneer: Change management role model with growth mindset, able to inspire and embark teams through a clear vision. Explains the why, the environment changes, the need to adapt; shares clarity on what must be changed; spontaneously transform, brings naturally the unit to the next level to achieve business needs. Challenges the status quo; proposes disruptive thinking. Leads firmly in crisis times.
- People Leadership: Engages and leverages everyone’s strengths. Promotes a psychological safe environment to foster speak up. Inspires trust through authenticity.
- Matrix Management. Navigates and influences in a matrix organization. Connects the dots and gives perspective and clarity. Understands the big picture of the manufacturing network so to influence heterogeneous & diverse teams.
- People Developer: Commits with the growth mindset for the organization and its employees, thinks one Sanofi. Assesses, coaches and empowers people so they can unleash their full potential.
- Disciplined Decision Maker: Drives site progress within manufacturing standards and based on strategic factory model and targets. Is accountable and takes decision managing the risks thoughtfully. Data driven decision making.
- Business Leader: Knows how to contribute to the network strategy with a clear business plan for the Unit.
- Be accountable for performance and profitability of the Unit, in terms of targets achievement, and improvement.
- Ensure optimized use of equipment
- Assign & check corrective actions on recurring problems with APU supporting departments (e.g. Quality, HSE, Supply Chain, Engineering, Projects, SMS/Digital, …)
- Validate monthly the demonstrated capacity of his/her Unit and communicate to Supply Chain
- Prepare budget proposal and manage the budget of his/her Unit and allocate the appropriate resources in respect with the budget perimeter.
Education and professional Experience
- Technical (e.g., Engineering), Pharmaceutical or Science Degree and/or Business Administration degree (MSc or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- experience in driving operational excellence.
- Strong knowledge of quality, compliance matters, manufacturing excellence and HSE
- Proven track record of leading multifunctional diverse teams.
- Proven experience in managing Global E2E strategic projects requiring financial and business acumen, leading large cross functional teams.
- Results and performance driven.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong communication skills
- English speaking required as main vehicle (written & verbal)
- German speaking is a plus as main vehicle for site management
- Relationship and Influence: Inspires trust through empathy and authenticity. Empowers and recognizes others to create powerful relationships and networks. Ability to influence large teams.
- Resilience: Ability to lead in uncertainty and changing environment
- Stretch: Encourages the team to stretch and do things differently. Challenges the status quo and promotes the speak up mindset.
- Take action: Sets a clear context and creates space for the team to take action with a clear sense of urgency.
- Act for patients and customers: Makes sure the team understands how to act for patients and customers.
- Think One Sanofi: Approaches the role with humility and thinks Sanofi first with a Transversal cooperation mindset.
- Strategic Thinking: Makes decisions by analyzing current and future scenarios in alignment with the network strategy
- Results orientation: Demonstrated ability to drive initiatives from concept to execution.
- People development: Engages and leverages everyone’s strengths while being highly self-aware.
- Experience in Change Management and Organizational Transformation
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.