- Job Title: Data Scientist
- Location: Budapest – Sanofi Business Services, Váci Greens
- Flexible working: 60% home office / week
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the Digital GBUs
We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Sanofi’s Digital organization’s mission is to transform Sanofi into a data-first and AI first organization by empowering everyone with good data. Through custom developed AI products built on world class data foundations and platforms, the team builds value and a unique competitive advantage that scales across our markets, R&D and manufacturing sites. The team is located in major hubs in Paris, Lyon, Barcelona, Cambridge, Bridgewater and most recently, Toronto, with the aim of opening a new office in Budapest. Join a dynamic, fast paced and talented team, with world class mentorship, using AI to chase the miracle of science.
About Growing with us
In this role you will develop globally scalable AI solutions that are strategically prioritized by the Sanofi commercial area across Global Business Units (General Medicine, Vaccines and Specialty Care) for the betterment of our global patients and customers. Examples of AI projects include, but are not limited to, Omnichannel Engagement, Predicting Next Best Action, Marketing Mix Model, Smart AI Alerts. You will specifically,
- Apply data science expertise in machine learning, deep learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, forecasting and optimization to multiple analytics projects
- Build models, algorithms, simulations, and experiments by writing highly optimized code and using state-of-the art machine learning technologies
- Work on full-spectrum of activities, from conducting ML experiments to delivering production-ready models
- Use data analysis, visualization, storytelling, and data technologies to scope, define and deliver AI-based data products
- Work closely with product owners, developers, engineers, and MLOps to deliver AI/ML solutions
- Adhere to and promote to best practices and standards for data science process (including documentation) and code developments
- Remains up to date with industry practices and emerging technologies such as generative AI and test creative ways of offering AI solutions to enhance existing solutions
Key Functional Requirements and qualifications:
- Hands-on AI/ML modeling experience of complex datasets combined with strong understanding of theoretical foundations of AI/ML
- Expertise within most of the following areas: supervised learning, unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, federated learning, time series forecasting, Bayesian statistics, optimization
- Experience developing deployable code and deploying models in product-focused development under an agile environment
- Comfortable working in cloud and high-performance computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Databricks, Apache Spark)
- Experience in production-ready software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, data visualization and data storytelling skills
- Nice to have experience in life sciences and healthcare and experience in a complex global organization
- A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and to manage multiple priorities
- Fluent in English (Other languages a plus)
Key Technical requirements and qualifications:
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics or a related quantitative discipline with strong coding skills, OR Master’s Degree in relevant domain with 4+ years of analytical experience
- Expertise with core data science languages (such as Python, R, Scala), and experience working with different database systems (such as SQL, NoSQL)
- Should have experience of AI/ML development (CI/CD, Orchestration)
- Experience working in cloud-based environment such as AWS or GCP or Azure and using cloud-technologies for building AI-solutions
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, Plotly or similar
- Experience with various enterprise-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Nice to have experience in using some data science tools such as datarobot, dataiku, Alteryx
When joining our team, you will experience:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary and cafeteria benefits
- Flexible home office policy, with a possibility to work up to 60% of time from home / where you can easily schedule your office days
- Work from an "Office of the Year 2020" finalist office
- Collective life and accident insurance
- Yearly medical check-up
- Exposure to training and certification pathways for technical and functional skills from AWS, SnowFlake, Informatica and others
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees and we will dedicate a Buddy for you to better navigate in your first weeks
- Your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully
Pursue Progress. Discover Extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Discover our Code of Conduct, that serves as the moral compass that guides us when chasing the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Please ensure to have read this document before applying.
#Sanofi #WeNeverSettle #SanofiCareers #PursueProgress #DiscoverExtraordinary #joinsanofi #careerswithpurpose #SBSBUDAPEST #LI-EUR #LI-Hybrid
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.