CHC EULA Capabilities Lead
About the job
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare, we have one overarching mission - to work passionately, challenging ourselves and our industry every day, to drive what we believe is the next health revolution: evolving from simply serving consumers, to helping people help themselves - bringing “Health in Your Hands”.
We are building trusted & loved brands that connect with hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide, enabling better self-care for individuals and communities, while also contributing to a healthier planet. To fulfill this mission, we are embarking our consumers, our customers, healthcare professionals, and our employees in this journey because this is what will make us become the “Best Fast-Moving Consumer Healthcare (FMCH) Company In & For the World”.
Consumers at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference where it counts, driving leadership in the categories we play in: Allergy, Digestive Wellness, Pain, Physical & Mental Wellness, and Cough, Cold & Flu.
To achieve this, we need strong talent who will help us shape the future of our Consumer Healthcare business and challenge our industry. We aspire to create a work environment where people can thrive, grow, and be at their best every day. We believe in operating with integrity and prioritizing the health and well-being of people and communities where we operate, working towards making a positive impact in the world.
EULA (Europe & Eurasia + Latin America) Supply Chain team is the regional entity setting the strategy and coordinating the execution of our operations across 10 Zones/markets: France, Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Russia, Germany, Western Europe (WEU), Central & Eastern Europe (CEE), Europe Partner Markets (EPM) and SOCOPAC.
The IBP (Integrated Business Planning) aligns the functions to the strategic growth plans and provides the foundation and venue for effective decision-making based on one set of aligned numbers to deliver the growth ambition. We in CHC are in a pivotal moment for our business and need more than ever to count with a solid, reliable IBP process in all our geographies in order to deliver our financial objectives (cash-flow, top and bottom line) while driving customer service.
IBP process improvement and sustainability:
• Drive proper IBP process implementation and adherence in all locations (from market to region through zone)
• Provide support to implement process improvement: sharing and application of best practices across locations in collaboration with Global CoE, pilot selection for quick-win projects within the region
• Provide operational and technical support to perform IBP maturity assessment and propose corrective actions
• Support with the effective tracking of focused efficiency measures such as statistical forecast implementation and portfolio rationalization within the region
Regional IBP consolidation:
• Support the successful coordination of IBP process at regional level, by collecting market inputs to feed the monthly IBP Cycle
• Propose action plans to improve operational excellence in key areas such as forecast accuracy, service, and inventory management
• Identify risks and opportunities in local process from Commercial, Finance and Supply Chain areas
• Support the construction of the MBR slide deck and create the minutes
IBP as the backbone of our strategy:
• Reinforce and champion the vision of one set of numbers, IBP being the base for Budget exercise and later revisions (T1, T2)
• Align changes to the process when impacted by the evolving environment (e.g., organizational changes, M&A, etc.)
- Experience: Solid track record in Supply Chain, S&OP/IBP process implementation and process improvement. Pharma regulation knowledge is a plus.
- Soft skills: Change management, business acumen, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Technical skills: Demonstrated analytical skills and theoretical and practical experience of best-in-class IBP steps. Sound knowledge of demand management and financial (P&L structure, costing) concepts.
- Languages: Oral and written fluency in English (Spanish and French are an asset)
The successful candidate will be a results-driven and customer-focused team player, able to articulate a Global vision to regional and local realities, while pursuing excellence in execution.
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.