Office and Events Manager
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
The Facilities and Events team at Upstart is responsible for creating a safe and inspiring work environment for our employees and helping coordinate moments of connection and innovation through event planning logistics.
As the Office and Events Manager at Upstart, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations and coordination of onsite meetings in our Austin office. The Office and Events Manager will help to create a memorable and enjoyable experience for all visitors and employees in the Upstart office.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Austin, TX
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on Central Time - Onsite full time
How you’ll make an impact:
- Plan and execute all onsite events and meetings in the Austin office.
- Collect mail and packages and distribute them to the proper teams.
- Take ownership and pride in our physical workspace. Manage general upkeep and supply management. Uphold office standards and aesthetic by conducting daily walkthroughs to ensure the office is clean, organized and well-stocked.
- Manage all vendor relationships (property management, catering, snack and beverage providers, maintenance, parking contacts, etc)
- Maintain office standards by tracking, ordering, restocking and coordinating office maintenance.
- Monitor office and kitchen expenses and costs and create an inventory process.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Competent computer skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work well under limited supervision
- Proven ability to stay organized, prioritize workload, and execute with great attention to detail
- Confident, positive demeanor and ability to communicate across all levels across the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Previous experience with facilities management and/or events
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential
- Strong sense of autonomy (you will be reporting to our Head of Facilities and Events who is not local to Austin)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, HR or related degree is preferred but not required
- 4+ years of experience as an executive assistant or in administration, office management, or event planning
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within this range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k). Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. The salary listed below for sales roles is On Target Earnings which includes both salary and commission, assuming 100% target achievement.
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
Something looks off?