Senior UI Web Designer
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2022
Viva Translate is seeking passionate individuals to join our team of ML researchers & engineers from top institutions such as Google and Stanford. We are creating a world where language is no longer a barrier to work and opportunity, and we are starting across Latin America.
Viva is building an AI tool that helps people read, write, and speak better across English, Spanish, and Portuguese. If you share our vision for a borderless future and are a motivated builder, idealist, and explorer, we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
- Unique design perspective - insightful into delight and play
- User Experience - Lead all phases of product design for different web projects, ensuring the best user experience in each initiative.
- Research - Conduct user interviews and industry trend research, define our customers’ use cases, needs & personas.
- Experiments - Help run rigorous design experiments, quantitatively analyze user behaviors, rapidly test and iterate the designs to optimize performance.
- High-fidelity designs - Create wireframes and detailed designs ready for engineering.
- Product improvements - identify big swing opportunities, review existing user flows and propose areas of improvement, and work closely with Engineering and other teams to suggest & implement improvements
- Cross-functional collaboration - Collaborate with engineering and other teams to identify & implement product improvement opportunities.
Must-have skills 💪
- 5+ years of experience working in UI
- Experience working with agencies and Scrum processes
- Knowledge of user-centered design and interaction
- Have a Product Design or UI/UX design portfolio with multiple case studies of products you worked on
- Experienced in Figma
- Possess deep empathy for users and an eye for good web UX/UI
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Opinionated in design quality and cares deeply about language access
- Thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven startup environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and adjust priorities as business needs shift
- Native Spanish or Portuguese speaker from Latin America
Nice to haves 🍒
- Experience working on language-related products
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a high growth product-led startup
- Passionate about bridging communication gaps across cultures
- Worked previously on language-related products
- Worked previously on international teamsHave domain experience working in SaaS
- B1-B2 level of English fluency
Our values 💛
- Continuous growth - we take pride in setting new standards and taking ownership in our work
- Data-driven - Decisions made together based on data and logic
- Open integrity - we promote a low ego environment that treasures transparency, empathy, and feedback
- Play - we champion diversity and creativity, and want everyone not be afraid to fail & fail quickly
See more open positions at Viva Translate
Something looks off?