Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled. Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including YCombinator, Lightspeed, and Icon Ventures. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
We are looking for Avionics Engineer candidates who are self-motivated individuals with a burning desire to constantly push the known boundaries of technology to create the next generation of delivery platforms. This position will lead the development and testing of Volansi’s unifying avionics stack that will be used across the various platforms. This role requires significant exercise of independent discretion and a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving.
What you will do:
- Design, build, and test Volansi’s proprietary avionics stack
- Create innovative, reliable, and efficient drone avionics solutions to enable advanced aircraft capabilities
- Collaborate with other engineering teams in planning, design, and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
- Work with aircraft programs to conduct unit integration and system-level testing
- Support flight-test operations
- More than 3 years of work experience with UAV development
- Experience with Pixhawk-based autopilot architecture
- Past experience with interfacing companion computer with flight controller
- Hands-on experience with building and testing avionics flight control system
- Experience with integrating hardware components (such as sensors) into an embedded system
- Good understanding of typical embedded communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, etc)
- Familiar with PX4 firmware and controller tuning
- Familiar with both fixed wing aircraft and multicopter
- Part 107 pilot
- PCB design experience
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Enjoys the challenge of solving complex systems problems in a fast-paced environment