Electrical Engineer, Harness Design
Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled. Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including YCombinator, Lightspeed, and Icon Ventures. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
Volansi is looking for Harness Design Engineer candidates who are self-motivated individuals with a burning desire to constantly push the known boundaries of technology to create the next generation of delivery platforms. This position requires a professional with strong skills in Solidworks Electrical and a desire in packaging wire harnesses and electronic modules.
What you will do:
- Use Solidworks Electrical or a similar tool to create/revise 2D and 3D product design drawings for manufacturing production
- Work with cross functional engineering team to support new product development
- Generate design change documentation and track action items and input
- Support electrical engineering team in designing cable harness for our new hybrid VTOL UAV
- Design cabling for test racks/systems including vehicle bucks, hardware-in-the-loop, and in-line test stations
- Perform investigations and trade studies to push boundaries of size, weight, and cost of harness designs
- 5 or more years of experience with cable harnesses design, build and documenting, both High and Low Voltages
- Experience with MIL-SPEC and automotive grade connectors and aerospace and/or automotive electrical systems
- Hands-on experience with harness manufacturing, reworking, debugging and installing