Head of Defence Strategy and Sales - The Americas
Sales & Business Development
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
As Head of Defence Strategy and Sales for The Americas, you will have the responsibility and ownership of building a team to execute and drive the company’s sales strategy, customer relationships, orders/revenue growth in the Defence Market for The Americas region, North America and South America (primarily focused on the US market initially). This will include owning and fostering existing and new customer relationships during the complete lifetime of the customer experience.
You should be highly motivated and passionate about this role, as you will be the face and the evangelist of the company when interacting with customers across THE AMERICAS geography. This will include being responsible for driving all customer initiatives cross-functionally in order to ensure success and aggressive market share growth.
- Be an early member of a quickly expanding global sales team
- Drive the top-line revenue in the Defense Market for The Americas (primarily focused on the US market initially) by expanding growth with existing customers, acquiring new customers and driving upsells by fostering the adoption and use of our products, solutions and services.
- Build, manage, and develop a team of world-class Sales Executives in the Defense Market for The Americas region (primarily focused on the US market initially) that are passionate about building a company, growing the company’s numbers and taking market share across the industries
- Own the end to end sales process, from lead to prospect to close, bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to companies across the Defense vertical market segments
- Execute the company’s Go-To-Market strategy for the Defense Markets in The Americas, by choosing the right verticals, end customers, system integrators, global defense primes and channel partners while collaborating on our targeted Defense marketing efforts with our Marketing department
- Develop in conjunction with headquarters our overall direct/indirect channel strategy, including partnering with the right Channel Partners across the respective countries in The Americas
- Paint the Advanced Navigation vision and promote the company’s product/solutions portfolio with prospects and existing customers through a combination of ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with the products group, support and engineering to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions
- Build strong relationships with prospects and strategic customers in the Defense Market in The Americas to drive strategic deals to closure
- Partner with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. Support, Marketing, Sales Operations, Product Management and Operations) to improve our go-to-market narrative, execution and acceleration of our growth
- Ensure operational excellence by keeping our CRM (Salesforce) always updated, guaranteeing business integrity, business linearity and forecasting accuracy
- 10+ years of business development or account management experience in the Defense Market in The Americas with high-tech solutions in at least one of the following verticals/applications; aerospace, land-based systems, maritime/subsea, precision guided systems and/or unmanned systems
- 5+ years of enterprise account executive experience selling and closing deals with customer’s annual values above $1M-5M+
- 5+years of leadership and management experience of building and scaling high-performing sales teams focused on the Defense Market in The Americas
- Years of experience, relationships and understanding of working with US Global Defense Primes
- Working knowledge of Program Offices in the US Department of Defense (DoD) and associated military branches
- Ability to identify, navigate and execute on “finding the money” on all of the available and upcoming Defense Programs across the US DoD and other countries in The Americas
- Solid experience with responding to Defense RFx proposals, including deep knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc… requirements and specifications
- Security Clearance would be ideal (not mandatory) … if the candidate does not have one, the ability to be qualified to get one would be a requirement
- Tertiary qualification in a related technical field is required
- Candidate must hold an active United States Secret Security Clearance
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide.
Advanced Navigation offers various medical plans per state, providing a comprehensive level of medical coverage.
We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?