Perth WA, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
We are searching for an Assembly Technician to join our Perth Production team. Our production team is accountable for the production and assembly of complex electronics equipment. You will be joining other highly skilled and knowledgeable technicians and engineers, becoming a crucial part of the team.
- Test the conformity of incoming parts such as enclosures, cables and PCB’s in accordance with Incoming Goods checklists
- Assemble sub assemblies and final products using jigs, assembly aids, adhesives, and soldering in accordance with Assembly Instructions
- Perform Urethane moulding operations on subsea products following the Assembly instructions
- Undertake calibration and testing of sub assemblies and final products in accordance with Assembly Instructions
- Package goods for safe transport and process quality inspection of products before they are sent out
- Carry out assessment and repair of quarantine and returns of Advanced Navigation products
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in electronic hardware assembly and general lab equipment
- Experience in Urethane moulding using temperature, pressure and vacuum
- Some knowledge of six sigma and efficient work practices would be highly regarded
- Assemble, adjust, calibrate or align electronic and electro-mechanical devices in accordance with written or verbal instructions
- An ability to follow Advanced Navigation Incoming Goods and Assembly Instructions for assembling electronics modules and mechanical enclosures, applying knowledge of electronic theory and understanding of component and material properties
- An ability to test electronic modules, record results and analyze results and determine needs for adjustment and calibration
- A focus on high quality, precision and attention to detail and a willingness to learn the products in a specialist industry
- General computer skills - experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and processing softwareBe highly motivated with an energetic, responsive and decisive disposition;
- Strong knowledge of WHS practices
- Proven high standard of attention to detail, time management and ‘’follow through’’
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?