Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Advanced Navigation is one of the world’s most ambitious innovators in AI robotics and navigation technology across land, air, sea and space. While our main headquarters are in Sydney, we have multiple research facilities in Australia and sales offices around the world. Since 2011, the company has experienced great success and has progressed into several deep, new technologies. Our fields of expertise include underwater sonar, GNSS, radio frequency systems, inertial sensors, robotics, quantum sensors and photonics.
Today, Advanced Navigation is a supplier to some of the world's largest companies, including Airbus, Boeing, Google, Tesla, Apple, and General Motors. We are the catalyst of the autonomy revolution and our technology can be seen in exciting applications across the globe.
Hydrus, our revolutionary underwater robot will help restore oceans to a flourishing state. You will find our navigation systems in the autonomous Indy race cars and thousands of Plus AI autonomous trucks. We help farmers adopt autonomous farming equipment and assist in various fields of research. Switching to software, our cloud-based drone management platform helps patrol beaches for emergency rescues and shark tracking. Off-planet, we will deliver a navigation system for the next NASA moon landing. The applications of our technologies are quite limitless - where there is autonomy, you will find Advanced Navigation.
Overview of Position
Advanced Navigation is a global leader in high-accuracy navigation systems with headquarters in Sydney, Australia. The company has a heavy engineering focus, with substantial R&D capability in Sydney, Perth and Canberra. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia. They are designed to deliver critical navigation information across sea, land, and air platforms. The Embedded Software Engineer’s primary focus is the development of novel products and substantially improving existing product families in our Navigation product portfolio using C/C++ on ARM microcontrollers and allied technologies. Additionally, the Embedded Software Engineer will work on a range of related software products and tools using desktop technologies. The Embedded Software Engineer provides assistance to the Support and Production teams.
- Work within an existing team of talented engineers to develop embedded C/C++ applications on ARM Cortex based microcontrollers for the company’s INS product portfolio
- Develop various utilities and applications that support the INS products
- Develop domain expertise in the fields of navigation and positioning
- Participate in project planning, monitoring and reporting
- Contribute to the design of future products
- Provide level 3 support for existing products
- Provide assistance to the production team
- Support field test activities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified Engineer with specialisation in computer systems, software, mechatronics or similar domain
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience with complex C/C++ software products
- Experience with embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Experience using either git or subversion as well as CI pipeline and Jira
- Professional experience using Java and Google G-suite is an advantage
- Experience using the FreeRTOS real-time operating system would be great
- Experience programming a microcontroller from the STM32 family
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Be comfortable deep diving into technical topics and learning new skills to solve emerging problems
- Have a collaborative and team-oriented mindset for accomplishing common goals
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You'll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life's best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation, with coffee and breakfast provided, to keep you going throughout the day.
See more open positions at Advanced Navigation
Something looks off?